You In Reverse review by Built to Spill

• Released: Apr 11, 2006
Built to Spill: You In Reverse

This album was particularly upbeat, at least more so than Perfect From Now On. The music itself was fantastic, with lots of grabbing guitar lines. The lead guitar melodies seemed to tell a story, meshing perfectly with the rhythm and backing melodies. Some parts, however, did seem to be a bit repetitive. Namely, the song "Liar." Other songs, such as "Wherever You Go" made good use of the few effects used in this album.

I think that this album contains some of Doug Martsch's best lyrics to date. A lot of subtle clever bits woven in with the music. I think that some of the songs, again, "Liar", did not have the best lyrics possible. It was quite repetitive at at times.

You In Reverse is positively my favorite Built to Spill album yet. "Wherever You Go" and "Mess With Time" are my two picks for best song, in an album that is fairly consistant with having all around good songs.

OLP1
    Well this band is pretty standard rock with a bit of overdubbed, hard to describe sound however this is one of my favourite bands out in music today.