Pay The Price review by Bullet

• Released: Jul 16, 2010
  • Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Bullet: Pay The Price

I first found this band supporting Hardcore Superstar in Newcastle England and my first impression was "WHAT THE HELL!" you have 3 guitarists the stereotype of been Swedish with long hair, no shirt and leather jackets with synchronization. Then from out of no where what I thought was a lost roadie the Ron Jeremy look alike lead singer marched to the front of the stage and let out what I can only describe as the love child of Brian Johnson and Bon Scott. The dirty 80s sleazy AC/DC sound drips all over this and I would recommend it to any AC/DC fan. Its like Airbourne played better.

The vocals are very impressive but at times comes across as very strained and seem as if he is trying too hard to imitate Bon Scott and Johnson. While his voice is great in parts it makes it all seem to apparent of their inspiration but at times makes them seem like a tribute band. The lyrics generally follow the for front of rock n roll of partying and having fun which is apparent with "Rock N Roll Remedy", "Rock Us Tonight" and on stand out track "Dusk Till Dawn".

Its plain to see the inspiration of AC/DC and at times it also tip toes into Iron Maiden territory which they pull off very well especially with the vocals. Stand out tracks are "Dusk Till Dawn" and "Bite The Bullet" which will make you wanna stand up and rock. But I feel that it comes across as too much of a AC/DC tribute which I enjoy but doesn't have much depth which I feel could of been helped by including of a ballad of sorts. I don't think if I lost it I would buy it again but I would definitely go and see them live again.