Bullet For My Valentine review by Bullet for My Valentine

• Released: Nov 15, 2004
Bullet for My Valentine: Bullet For My Valentine

The sound of this album is like nothing you've never heard before. Yeah you can tell it's a emocore band, but they ain't like your normal sterotypical ones like Funeral For A Friend. Fast paced guitars with great solos. It's heavier and faster to your normal emocore band.

The lyrics are pretty weak, and sometimes the stucture doesn't go very well. For example, in Your Just Another Star, it starts with shouting with lyrics such has; "This is what I can see through your eyes, this is the colour of your sunrise" onto; "You've betrayed me for the last time" then goes into a more gentle tone singing lyrics such has "I'm just another guy thats fucked up immensely but you still love me." Or, they will talk about "forces in their heads" then about when they remembered when they took days off school. It just doesn't go. Luckly, the vocal performance fits it like magic with the music, which ends up making the overall, magical. It really fits in with the guitars perfectly. But, the lyrical performace makes up for it. The singing is great, the shouting is great, and the backing singers blend in so well. Its a great vocal performance all around.

Overall, this is a emocore band which is far more heavier and faster than anything other emocore band you've heard before. If you like emocore bands and fast paced slightly heavy music, this is a must have. If you love nu-metal/emocore/hard rock, this is a must have. Or, if you want a sample of them, you could download "Hand Of Blood," "Cries In Vain" or "Just Another Star," or any song on the album. There are five songs on the album all together, but they are all amazing. There aren't many things you can call a masterpiece. Mono Lisa is a masterpiece, Mozarts 40th symphony was a masterpiece, Bullet For My Valentine is a masterpiece.

ESPman6505+
    greia wrote: sounds like my chemical romance
    who is my chemical romance??...oh yea, piles of shit!!
    avacado
    This album was a fiver? I line in Canada and I think it was 10 bucks. Anyone from Canada now where I can get it cheap?
    Triviumfan54
    good_blink_plan
    luda6985 wrote: Brian Gelvin wrote: The sound of this album is like nothing you've never heard before. By Craigo If it's nothing like I've never heard then it's everything like I have heard. Sorry just wanted to make fun of that but I haven't heard this album yet but from what I hear it sounds pretty good. lmao grammer lesson
    LMAO, says the guy who mispells grammar.
    luda6985
    lmao grammer lesson
    thatkidcharlie
    yeah ok coming from someone who obviously has no taste in music, you ignorant moron!
    UneasyxKarma
    UneasyxKarma
    Why do people have to come on these and trash on other peoples band. its there choice to like the bands that they like. ifthey like "Emocore" then tlet them like emop core. but the worst part is one someone comes on here and says that one band is better than another, when it is all just personal opinion, not what someone tells you. Personally i love Bullet but i can not stand Hollywood Undead or The Killers
    warrenguitar
    This is the band to die for!!! Why hasn't anyone reviewed the Scream Aim Fire! album?? Its really hardcore!
    LordPino
    Anyone ever noticed this? Bullet for my Valentine Guns and Roses Bullet & guns, Valentine &roses ? Ripped the name rofl. Great CD!
    guitarfreak222
    greia wrote: sounds like my chemical romance
    Thats a ****ing insult!!my chemical romance is shit
    Bullet4Myself
    these guys are nothing like MCR! lol bullet kicks arss! i got all there songs to and ive seen them live in Auckland, it was so ill!
    iktpq666
    omfg i wish they would release another full albumive got all there songs and i need more fav band!!
    VofA
    This band is awesome and all of their albums. a 9 out of 10 *In my opinion*
    max_johnithan
    nothing's emo about Bullet For My Valentine, they are not a EMOCORE band. they are metal, metalcore. this cd is a must get, or at least listen to.
    bfmv-14
    i would really like to no wer ur gettin emocore from get a brain then right a review kk bullet for my valentine are a metal band A METAL FUCKIN BAND guys wer r u gettin emo from haha ders **** all bout them tats emo
    Brian Gelvin
    The sound of this album is like nothing you've never heard before. By Craigo
    I Walk Alone
    Triviumfan54 wrote: this album blows.talentless emo loosers.rubish. "bullet for my lame and lame" should be dishonourably discharged adn given a good seing to because this is the biggest failure of "metal" i have ever had the displeasure to listen to.
    Haha. Says someone with a username that says "Triviumfan".