Hand Of Blood review by Bullet for My Valentine

• Released: Aug 23, 2005
Bullet for My Valentine: Hand Of Blood

The music is great. There heavy metal guitars, lightning fast drums, and killer vocals make this band not just a band but a kick ass band! It starts out with '4 words(To Choke Upon)' a song with great vocals, a fast solo, and awesome backing vocals done by Jay, the bassist, and Padge, their lead guitarist. Next is the title track 'Hand Of Blood' which is easily the best song on the album. 'No Control' is the hardest, heaviest, and meanest song on the EP, while 'Curses' is the softest. 'Cries In Vain' and 'Just Another Star' are other favorites, with amazing choruses and awesome guitars.

The lyrics are great, all about different things. 'Hand Of Blood' being about killing his girlfriend, and '4 Words (To Choke Upon)' about bullying and someone commiting suicide because of it. The compliance of the lyrics with the music is simply amazing and it's wonderous how they do it. The singer's skills are great with the perfect tone in every song and loud screams can also be heard.

It's a great album and compares to many other metal artist well. BFMV is definitely on it's way. The best songs of the EP are '4 Words (To Choke Upon), 'Hand Of Blood', 'Cries In Vain', and 'Just Another Star'. I love the backing vocals, or backing screams. I also love the lightning fast guitars and drums. It is a great EP and I would no doubt buy it again if it were lost.

negativcreep187
    4 Words (To Choke Upon) is about these four words: "Look at me now!" I haven't quite figured out what this song is about, but it's definitely about those four words.
    it's about there history they were friends with the dudes in Lostprophets and had to sit back and watch them get all the attention from record companies, and were often told that they (BFMV) would never make it hence the lines "too many times I've seen this rip a hole into our friendship" and " 4 Words To Choke Upon: look at me NOW!"
    MickeyM140
    They got great stuff excellent sound now they need to put more songs on there next CD like the poison
    ksedeathmetal
    exactly dude
    tamotots
    the title track is awesome! i heard it once, and it's been stuck in my head for a week now!
    guitarfreak222
    ksedeathmetal wrote: phoenix_igniton wrote: Bullet is not thrash....Theyre metalcore w/ a touch of post hardcore (in vocals). Get this right, because theyre nothing like thrash.exactly dude
    Scream aim fire is more thrashy, This is metalcore!
    GuitarShredder+
    haha i love the last review. his statements about the lyrics are so obvious it's hilarious but apart from that, this is a great EP. 4 Words and Cries In Vain were on this EP and on The Poison they're great songs and Hand Of Blood is probably my favorite of them all. But damn, i can't really pick a favorite song with Bullet, every song is amazing
    donisthatcool
    The song Hand of Blood is an awesome song, i learned it for my girlfriend, who showed me and loves this band and she loved it. great band with a great tone. look forward to their new stuff and a tour soon!!
    bfmv_4_ever
    Craigo wrote: They say that they perfer older bands such as metallica. They started off being a ONLY metallica cover band. Their EP is a million times better than their debut full length, even if I have grown out of this stuff. Less pop on this stuff.
    They started off playing metallica and NIRVANA
    LoneEmpire
    dingle_69 wrote: bfmv are the best and u can suk a big one if u hate them
    I absolutely love Bullet, and I'm bisexual. Am I still allowed to suck big ones? Anyway, awesome Ep. I torrented it then realised that it was awesome enough to buy, so I'm gonna by it.