Scream Aim Fire review by Bullet for My Valentine

• Released: Jan 25, 2008
Bullet for My Valentine: Scream Aim Fire

Wow, I might actually be the first reviewer to like this album. Well, with that said. The sound on this album is just amazing. Despite the fact that Matt Tuck has been having so many problems with his voice, almost to the point of having the band find another singer, he is still able to pull out another album. When I first heard SAF I was a little worried about how this change in vocals would affect the album. Turns out, even though a lack of screaming on his part, this album still has the "Bullet" feel. One step up for the band is the intensity of the sound. After bullets EP came out I was expecting a lot from the poison. Unfortunalty, I felt there was a lack of the intensity shown in the poison compared to their EP. But, SAF brings back that same intensity I remember from hearing the EP. Not only with an improvment in sound, but the screams from Jay have improved greatly. A step up for the whole band.

This is also where I found an improvement. Even though it pains me to say it, the poison's lyrics came off to me as shallow, same ol' same ol', and really hard to relate to. In this album, Matt Tuck when asked about the lyrics for this album stated that "Most of the lyrics were written about what I was going through with my throat problems and how hard this was for my life. It hit me that my career was in jeoprady." With that came more emotion and meaning in the lyrics, and also a lot more to relate to.

As you probably guessed, I love this album. I've always been a fan of Bullet since their EP, even though I was disappointed in the poison, I still enjoyed it. But after I while I got bored of the CD. This CD has probably been the best I've bought so far. I've been dissapointed by a lot of albums that have recently came out, but this one was amazing. Fact is, this album rocks my socks off, buy it. The only negative about the album is that there are only 11 tracks. But it's 11 tracks of greatness. Good things are to come with this band, I look forward to seeing what comes next.