Scream Aim Fire review by Bullet for My Valentine

• Released: Jan 25, 2008
Bullet for My Valentine: Scream Aim Fire

Immediately from the start you can tell this is not another Poison. Quicker riffs, thrashier drumming, more solos and more singing then screaming. Definately a side of bullet that we always knew was there. The actaul mixing of the CD is powerful and well done but I felt Matt's voice had been edited a bit. He said it's actaully two of him singing and pasted together or something along those lines. This album definately reminds me of an '80s metal album. Overall everything sounds really good and well produced.

The lyrics are more varied this time and there doesn't seem to be any songs about killing ex girlfriends which for some of the fans was what made bullet a "bullet". Lyrics ranging from war to killing bullies to missing home can be found on the album. I felt what brings down this album is the lyrics. They're above average but the same verses seem to go on forever and that can get really annoying such as on "eye of the storm". But in other songs the lyrics shine through such as in "Say Goodnight" which will touch the heart of even the hardest of metal heads. Matt Tuck still has his really good singing voice except for the change in the way he uses it. A more metallica style of singing would be the 1st thing to come to mind. Overall if the lyrics had not been repeated so much over and over the songs would have been much better been much better.

All in all the album is actually very good. Better than a lot of albums out there today. Songs such as "Waking The Demon" with it's high energy solo and "End Of Days" with it's catchy lyrics are definatley some of the stand out songs of the album. The worst song on the album by far would definately have to be "forever and always". I can not understand why the song was put on there. Something like "The End" from The Poison should have been made that would fit with the whole "chaos" theme of the album. Maybe one or two more songs could have been put on to add varitaion to the album. I won't lie I love bullet and this is definately a good album but it's short comings such as the lyrics that seem to repeat over and over should be taken care of on the next album. It's one of those albums that you either love or hate.

Kiotaka
    themexican04 wrote: best ones on here are heart bursts into fire, and waking the demon. this album is ****in sick
    Agreed, though I gotta say Forever and Always won me over. Still, whole album kicks