Scream Aim Fire review by Bullet for My Valentine

• Released: Jan 25, 2008
Bullet for My Valentine: Scream Aim Fire

Scream Aim Fire is much better than their old cd. It is faster and more aggressive with Matt's voice a little different. They did quit screaming so much although there is a couple songs toward the end that have a lot of screaming. This is probably due to matt's surgery. His new voice is not worse. Or better. But it does sound really cool. Kind of a Metallica/his old voice mix. As I mentioned, they did quit screaming and it's a lot more melodic. But don't worry. While their is more melody, the guitars still rock and rock even harder than old CD. Somehow, it's faster and more pumping than their old cd. It just sounds better. Melody with insane guitars. They also took the solos to a whole new level.

The lyrics are about the same about hearts, guns, and violence. But they stayed away from relationship problehey are now mostly about anger. "Take It Out On Me" is a good example. They have some really cool subject matter like Eye of the Storm and Waking the Demon. Bullet does cuss a lot more on this cd. Just a warning in case your parents care. Don't listen to it with them. There's the F word in a lot of songs.

Bullet took their sound to a whole new level. More aggressive and violent. but with more melody. The solos have gotten insane. They throw two or three in about every song. My favorite songs are "Scream Aim Fire","Hearts Bursts Into Fire", "Take It Out on Me", and "Waking the Demon", though they are all up there. If it were stolen or lost, I'd definitely buy a new one. or two.