Scream Aim Fire review by Bullet for My Valentine

• Released: Jan 25, 2008
Bullet for My Valentine: Scream Aim Fire

BFMV's second effort features a Melodic Thrash Metal sound, it's mostly very aggressive, fast paced, melodic (obiously), with some great solos. Although changing styles from Metalcore to Thrash, Bullet manages to retain their original sound which differs them from other bands, the guitar tone is still the same, the drums are too, if you listen to this album first and "The Poison" afterwards you'll still be able to recognize Bullet from the first track you hear. The production values are great, every little sound is heard, there is absolutely nothing that strains your ear, the clear production also adds to the sheer aggression of the record. There are also a few mellow songs on the album, and this is where Bullet really shines (even though they probably wanted to be remembered for aggression). Tracks like "Say Goodnight", "Hearts Burst Into Fire", "Forever and Always" are full of emotion, great guitar work and are the most memorable songs on this album in every aspect, they have the best riffs, solos, pack serious emotional power in them, and are the best in overall songwriting.

Some lyrics are very good, some are generic and cheesy, the present themes are: war, loss, personal struggles, revenge, longing. The romance themes from "The Poison" are gone and forgotten, sometimes it's for the best, but a few songs could use them, yes, I obviously mean the mellow ones, heh. Most of the screams present on "The Poison" are gone as well, the reason would be Matt Tuck's throat problems and following operation. That made his clean vocals change as well, they are now lower, but in no way worse than the ones on their debut, just different. Bullet succeeded in compiling the lyrics and vocals with the music, in thrash songs they are urging to scream with them, in mellow songs they present the picture Bullet wants you to see very clearly. Overall, Bullet have done a great job.

I am very impressed with this album, it's a big improvement over "The Poison" in almost every aspect, save for the lyrics where they are about equal. SAF is the definetive Bullet album, easier to get into than their debut, packs more originality, emotion, and of course, good metal. The album is definetely worth your hard earned buck/pound/euro/whatever. The strongest tracks would be "Forever and Always", "Hearts Burst Into FIre", "Say Goodnight", "End of Days", and "Waking the Demon".

steve_6661
    the whole album its ****in awsome, my favorites are scream aim fire and hearts burst into fire
    Kiotaka
    Kynyster_K wrote: hey anyone know the price???
    I got it for $9.99 at bestbuy. But I'm sure you could get it cheaper somewhere else
    askingforit176
    The poison and the new album both suck compared to the Hand of Blood E.P., and yes i know they redid most of the e.p. for poison.
    bfmvdisturbed92
    IDK what you people are talking about. bullet has always been awsome and always will be. they still have sweet guitar parts, and it's not like they got a new vocalist or somtheing. It's still matt and he still sounds great! People are musicly illiterate and I don't think many people out there can tell who is talented and who is not. Bullet will always be awsome and if you don't like them, why are you commenting? They will always be my favorite band =)
    mchugh92
    umm i listened to the whole album, heres my opinion, its ok, it isnt what it was cracked up to be, they said they were going for a more 80's thrash sound, but to be honest i only hear that description in like two songs, title track and eye of the storm, both have catchy guitar-work, but the vocals are very poor, waking the demon is pretty badass, hearts burst on fire is really cheesy, most of the songs on this album arent heavy at all, theyre more emo than anything else, it just doesnt have the same quality as the poison did, most of this album contains filler, and the lyrics are nothing special, even the guitar-work is pretty straightforward when compared to other albums, the crusade blows this outta the water, thats my opinion dont flame
    roarinflames
    DemonofShadow wrote: WORST CD EVER GOOD GUITAR WORK HORRIBLE VOCALS
    so the most nuetral cd ever (oxymoronic?) you mean