Scream Aim Fire review by Bullet for My Valentine

• Released: Jan 25, 2008
Bullet for My Valentine: Scream Aim Fire

I became a fan of BFMV with the release of this album, of course I heard Tears Don't Fall and All These Things I Hate, but I bought this album first after hearing Scream Aim Fire. After being blown away by this album I got The Poison as well and was surprised by the difference. On Scream Aim Fire, in my opinion, they have some true heavy metal with a little less heavy vocals. Although they had reason to include less screams, due to Tucks' tonsil issue, they still had a lot and could have included more. The lack of screams is no problem to me; I think if they had had screaming it would have taken away from the synchronicity with the music. The album starts out and kicks your ass with scream aim fire, one on the heaviest song on the album. The solos and riffs on this album also impressed me, as a guitar player I look up to the playing on this album more than that of The Poison.

The lyrics on this album "matured" you could say from The Poison, shifting from many songs that involve hopeless love to many other topics. I think this shows their skill to write better. I mean you got to love the lyrics to Tears Don't Fall, but this album tackles different stuff: war, anger, even bullying and still the love stuff. Again, Tucks' vocals are not as scream-heavy but go very well with the music. On the song Take it Out on Me Benji Webbe from Skindred does guest vocals and it blend well, although I've never listened to Skindred I like his vocals on that song. The lyrics to Scream Aim Fire (the song) deal with war and I really enjoy the picture it paints. Hearts Burst Into Fire is one of their song dealing with love and is one of my favorite of the album.

I love this album. It's better than The Poison. The guitarwork is awesome, the solos are blistering and the vocals are great, I don't think the lack of screaming affected the album at all. Scream Aim Fire, Hearts Burst Into Fire, Disappear, Take It Out On Me and Forever and Always are all of my favorites (I know I know like half of the album, but they all are great songs) Bullet For My Valentine has become one of my favorite bands and I'm looking forward to see them play live!

ADDITIONAL INFO
    dude i get sick of people arguing over wat genre of music this is....metal, metalcore, pop-metal...wtf?? seriously get over it...its a good album. you dont like it then dont listen...you wanna piss and moan over how they sold out or the vocals aren't hard enough...then YOU go make an album that f**kin rocks..good vocals and good guitar work = good album..well stated..doesnt have to be liked by everyone.
    archangelseren
    hearts burst into fire and deliver us from evil are my favorites from this album.... didnt like it as much as the poison but oh well they do what they want
    Blackening
    compare this "ultra heavy song" called waking the demon to in flames song "pinball map"..... ****ing bfmv bitches rip off in flames so hard
    Hendershot88
    POWER STANCE!!!! If you don't know then find out. Matt Tuck is my hero and this cd is so amazing. BULLET!!!!
    CalisAlfírin
    When I first listened to this album I didn't say wow until I heard the bonustrack "Ashes f the Innocent". It had everything the others didn't. Awesome drumming, a real death growl in the beginning and so on. Otherwise I find the drumming REALLY D*** F***ING lame and boring. It's nothing compared to Moose's drumming from The Poison. The guitars aren't really as heavy as they should be to be called "way more heavy than The Poison". But I love the solos. B4MV won't ever disapoint us with that part. And to you guys who say Tuck sounds like Hetfield. Do you also believe that the band Eternal Decision's songs are Metallica songs? Probably, since it's miles between Tuck's singing and Hetfield's. Hetfield's the best, but I like Tuck's vocals too.
    CalisAlfírin
    When I first listened to this album I didn't say "wow!" until I heard the bonustrack "Ashes of the Innocent". It had everything the others didn't. Awesome drumming, a real death growl in the beginning and so on. Otherwise I find the drumming REALLY D*** F***ING lame and boring. It's nothing compared to Moose's drumming from The Poison. The guitars aren't really as heavy as they should be to be called "way more heavy than The Poison". But I love the solos. B4MV won't ever disapoint us with that part. They should listen to really heavy stuff like "Legion of the Damned" so they get the idea of "heavy" and interesting drumwork. And to you guys who say Tuck sounds like Hetfield. Do you also believe that the band Eternal Decision's songs are Metallica songs? Probably, since it's miles between Tuck's singing and Hetfield's. Hetfield's the best, but I like Tuck's vocals too.
    thrashnmosh782
    this band is good BUT U EMOS R FAGGOTS not the one who dress emo, ive got no prob with that but its the fags who pretend theyre depressed. your life cant be that bad, so next time u go to cut yourselves, stop and go smoke a joint, chill out and have a beer or something! love, thrashnmosh782
    plague_runner
    I typically dont listen to this stuff but I have to say Bullete sure now how to blow the house down with amazing riffs even though they sound kinda emo.....this album is way better than the poison by the way, less emo more metal.
    MetalFan4Life
    Unlike many people I know. I actually like this album more than Th Poison. Granted , the best song was the bonus track. And that is usually kind of sad. But it is only just better. I will admit, at first I thought he sounded like James Hetfield, but after listening to it thoroughly, There is a large difference between him and James. The guitar work is awesome, There is only a little screaming, but it makes up for it when they do.
    Big Mac n Fries
    It's an ok album, nothing special. I really do not like the lyrics at all, but the music is generally good. Although, Eye of the Storm is quite honestly one of the worst things I've ever heard.
    gavz_verdikt
    dburnsy wrote: I didnt read allthe post before mine but i did read the review. I really dont agree with the voice problems. I just saw the band live in orlando on 3/28 and they kicked ass. Didnt hear any voice issues. they played stuff from thier first album, poisen and scream aim fire and matt sounded as good as he did on the albums. In my personal oppinion this band kicks ass and at the rate thier going everyone on the ****ing planet will now the name Bullet For My Valentine before 2009. Yae, the slow shit is great and stands out but its the old school metal sound that makes them stand out and the guitar work between matt and page is untouchable. no where will u find two other guitarist who compliment each other the way they do.
    ur so f*cking correct man.. b4mv rocks asia.. tuck nd padget rock like bros dude but i think coheed also is good (except 4 sanchez vocals lol)