Scream Aim Fire review by Bullet for My Valentine

• Released: Jan 25, 2008
Bullet for My Valentine: Scream Aim Fire

Scream Aim Fire is BFMV's second full album. Right from the beginning, it hits the floor and picks up the pace. The first song on the album grabs the listener immediately with a quick but dramatic introduction on the drums, and the album barely slows down from their. Less screamy than their debut album, "The Poison", but more musical and fantastically structured, although there is no obvious theme to the album. "Scream Aim Fire" features two love songs, "Hearts Burst Into Fire", a passionate track with an incredibly catchy chorus, and the last number on the album, "Forever And Always". Overall the sound is different to their debut album, but if you liked that then you'll love this.

The lyrics on this album are nothing special, and usually sound like they were written for the music, instead of the music being written for the words, but they do fit in well with the songs. Every now and then you will hear a few lines that catch in your head and stick, which is a sign of great songwriting. Although some of the lyrics in the thrashiest songs sound rather plain and as though they were written by kids, on the whole they are well done and match the guitar riffs and drum beats adequately.

I think Scream Aim Fire is a fantastic album, and it compliments Bullet For My Valentine's debut album by showing that they have found the formula for their music, and are developing it. A quick overview of the tracks on this album: 01. Scream Aim Fire: a fast-paced, dramatic introduction to the album with some cool riffs, a great rhythm and overall a brilliant sound, though with some somewhat corny lyrics here and there. 02. Eye Of The Storm: compliments the previous track with a slightly more agressive approach and a catchy chorus 03. Hearts Burst Into Fire: universally BFMV's most popular song, this is a brilliant track with an amazing intro solo and some thought-provoking lyrics. 04. Waking The Demon: the climax of the album, this is the heaviest song on the CD. It has some kick-ass riffs and an even more kick-ass guitar solo. This one really shows off BFMV's metal side. 05. Disappear: a more average song than Waking The Demon, but again a great choice for the metal lovers. It's fast paced with another awesome solo and great rhythm 06. Deliver Us From Evil: my favourite song on the album, this is a really theatrical one with an instantly catchy intro and great lyrics. Less screamy, but with good vocals nonetheless. 07. Take It Out On Me: probably my least favourite song on the album, but once again a good fast-paced track with catchy guitar and wonderful vocals which blend with the instruments. 08. Say Goodnight: the slowest song on the album, it starts with the sound of rain then a theatrical intro solo eventually followed up by mellow vocals. Gets heavier towards the end but still my second favourite. 09. End Of Days: suddenly picking up the pace again with this heavy screamy number, with Matt showing off his capabilities and winding down with a brilliant solo. 10. Last To Know: similiar to "End Of Days" in many ways, this song is still good, but not much different to it's predecessor. Another great solo though. 11. Forever And Always: a nice "power ballad" this is a love song with some aspects of metal but mostly a pleasant round-off to the album with a catchy riff and touching lyrics. 12. No Easy Way Out (Bonus Track): not many versions of the album have this song, but personally I think it's fantastic. It's unique to BFMV, with a brilliant chorus and somewhat futuristic sounding guitar? Whatever it is it's great. Overall this is a brilliant album, and it's a must-have for any metal lover, drama, awesome riffs, splitting solos and a brilliant structure. If it were stolen from me, I would hunt the thief down and take it back myself.

guitarfreak222
    Nathan_393 wrote: cloud041089 wrote: um. we're not saying the singing sounds like james hetfield just because he stopped screaming, we're saying he because DOES sound like hetfield. no one's saying m shadows or alex from atreyu sounds like hetfield are they?? matt tuck picked up a different style of clean vocals that's different from the poison, and that is hetfield wannabe vocals. he still leaves in a lot of the old style so that's good. unlike matt heafy where it's wannabe vocals the entire way through. He sounds nothing like Hetfield. Hetfield is way better and more aggressive than this. And BFMV's vocalist sounds really edited. It honestly sounds like it's been put through Pro Tools. And Trivium's singer is way better. I like the guitar work in BFMV though. It's kind of funny that BFMV get ragged on for their "Hetfield" vocals when people want Hetfield to try and sound the way he did way back when. :O Don't you people want Hetfield vocals? Is there no way to make you happy?
    his singing hasnt gone through pro tools coz it sounds the same live.