Scream Aim Fire review by Bullet for My Valentine

• Released: Jan 25, 2008
Bullet for My Valentine: Scream Aim Fire

I really like Bullet's sound, especially the overlaying guitars that Matt and Padge play on this album. The drums are also pretty cool to listen to. My favorite drum piece is on the track "Waking the Demon" the building drum intro is one of the coolest beats I have ever heard. The other interesting part about the sound on this album is the way the guitar pieces and drum beats, match the music. For example in the track "Eye of the Storm" the whole song is full of crazy beats, and sounds, just like in a storm.

I really like the lyrics for this album. They seem to touch on the darker side of topics that other bands won't touch. An example I like to use is for the track "Scream Aim Fire" Most bands use war as a rally cry. Bullet, took it and wrote lyrics that show off the dark side of war. For example "Kill your enemies, my brothers dead around me, wounds are hurting, death is creeping for me" are the opening lines of the song. Also Matt's voice is really gruff, and really fit's well with the music.

This is one of the most different albums that I have bought. I never really listened to a lot of this type of metal, and I really do enjoy it. The most impressive song on the album is probably "Waking the Demon" at least in my opinion. The guitar, lyrics, and drums seem to mesh perfectly. There isn't really anything that I hate on the album. I usually like most of the music that I listen to. As I have said before my favorite thing is the way all of the sounds mold together to make one really awesome sound. I would definetly by this album again, and will definetly by more Bullet for my Valentine albums in the future.

Tony Swicked
    Waking The Demon is the awsome song from the Scream Aim Fire album. Main riff is brutal and heavy but chorus lead is 'Bullet' style contrast which I like. I especially like the drums on the pre-chorus section. Double kick raises the song on the higher level.