Scream Aim Fire review by Bullet for My Valentine

• Released: Jan 25, 2008
Bullet for My Valentine: Scream Aim Fire

The band has improved on their first album, The Poison. In Matt Tuck's words the album is "A lot more aggresive, a lot more up tempo". He is correct, a lot of songs on the album have 1/16th notes in them which create a fast paced experience, you van't help but bob your head and mosh out to it. It makes Bullet's first album look like nothing. Being a Metalcore band Bullet has incorporated all the aspects possible, scream vocals, heavily distorted guitars, everything you would expect from them.

Matt and Jay (Bass guitar, Scream vocals) make a great team when it comes to this, and sound unique compared to other bands. Matt's Vocals match perfectly to the backround music and give a positive or negative feel to it, depending on the song. The lyrics though are somewhat reflecting some of the songs on The Poison which means that I didn't see that much of totally unique lyrics. However, if I were to listen to these songs having not posted this review I would think that Bullet had only improved even more.

It is without a doubt in the top 3 metal albums released in 2008, and makes other artists in their genre bow (that was a message from my band as we are discussing this now). The most impressive songs are definetly the three tracks that have music videos, Scream Aim Fire (Track 1), Hearts Burst Into Fire (Track 3), and Waking The Demon (Track 4). I love the heavier riffs, Faster pace and Jay's amazing screaming, but hate how the songs have similar meanings behind them... But if it were stolen or lost, I'd go a step further and buy the deluxe edition simply because I believe this album kicks ass, it still hasn't grown old on me after 2 years and I wouldn't hesitate to buy this again anyday.