The Poison review by Bullet for My Valentine

• Released: Oct 26, 2005
Bullet for My Valentine: The Poison

The sound on this album is very distorted. Guitars have a very Cradle Of Filth sound to them in my opinion. Styles are more around the Metalcore, Metal, and Death Metal sound to them. Songs like Her Voice Resides, Room 409, 4 Words To Choke Upon, Hit The Floor, 10 Years Today are perfect examples of how dark Bullet changed from their EP. Songs like Tears don't Fall, All These Things I Hate, Intro, The End, show some softer sounds to try and grab more fans and get more types of people into them, very smart. Suffocating Under Words of Sorrow definately has the best riff on the album. Other songs like The Posion, Spit You Out, Cries in Vain just show some modern Metalcore that they have. The harmonies on this album are great! Solos are incredible. Their clean guitar parts are great with the Phaser and reverb. Definately a big change from their EP.

Lyrics are very touching in some songs. Like Tears don't Fall, All These Things I Hate, Cries in Vain. They just have something to them that make you think, they also bring some fans along to get more people to listen. Other songs have a hateful meaning, like The End for example, great voice to fit that song. In Some parts Matts voice got really annoying, like in Suffocating, The Poison, some parts in 4 words to Choke Upon, his voice sounds kinda whiny. Jay and Michaels screaming in the back is great with Matts singing/screaming. Matt does have a voice though. Room 409 overall is my favortie, the background screaming is just beautiful, overall the best song. But overlal great!

My favorites off this album would be: Tears Don't fall, Her Voice Resides, 4 Words To Choke Upon, Cries In Vain, hell every song is great. My favortie off the Song would be Room 409, the guitar playing is great, drumming shows off in this album, dark riffs and sound overall, the singing is beautiful, the back up death metal screams/growls just give this song a feeling. Beautiful. Overall a great album!