The Poison review by Bullet for My Valentine

• Released: Oct 26, 2005
Bullet for My Valentine: The Poison

The Poison, Bullet For My Valentine's, newest CD, is definately a must-have for anyone who enjoys listening to emo-metal. This album is very well done, with perfect placing of screaming, singing, and guitar. This is one of the better cd's to come out in 2006. One of the only negative comments that I have about this CD is that there aren't any songs that are particularly original. Also, the guitar playing isn't anything amazing. Other than that, I found that the overall sound was very good.

The lyrics of the album, weren't anything amazing. For the most part, it was the average emo lyrics; the one song that stood out lyrically was Ten Years Today, in which they talk about getting a call saying that their friend had died, and then describing of how they felt about what happened. Overall, the lyrics could've been better.

Overall, I liked this CD a lot, and I would definately buy it again if it were stolen or lost. While it isn't anything amazingly different from other bands, it is still worthwhile to listin to. This CD is different from other bands, because it is heavier than a lot of other emo. bands. The songs that I like most on this CD would probably be Suffocating Under Words Of Sorrow (What Can I Do), and 4 Words (To Choke Upon). I definately recommend this CD to anyone who enjoys emo metal.

boyan89
    katazuki wrote: ATTENTION BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE FANS WHO HAVE BEEN FANS FOR MORE THAN FIVE MINUTES (by this i mean you went through all the trouble of finding Hand of Blood album in stores before they were famous cause you were lucky enough to hear them somewhere and you have been fans of them for more than a year...) ENJOY BFMV WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!THEIR NEXT CD IS GONNA SUCK. SSSSSUUUUUCCCCCKKKKK! THEY ARE GETTING SOOOOO FAMOUS AND WE ALL KNOW WHAT HAPPENS TO GREAT BANDS WHEN THEY START HAVING RADIO TIME. MTV INTERVIEWS AND RINGTONES. THEY STOP ALL THE THING THAT MAKE THEM...THEM AND START SUCKING. tooo bad too. they are my fav. band right now. *SIGH*
    ummm their next cd is gonna kick complete ass i have heard Scream Aim And Fire and its better than what they have done in the past soooo yah
    tbarrettl
    They need the Voice of Killswitch as said a bit before because the Music isn't shabby.
    lukeedelston wrote: Getting compared to Trivium annoys me alot. They have far more class and originality than Trivium who i'm sure don't even sing in any of their songs! This is a great band and i'm not even into metal at all, really is a good buy for almost anyone who likes a good bit of guitaring.
    Trivium sings in virtually all of the most recent album which really ticked off fans just listen to The Rising it is a Metallica Vocal imitation.
    x.brutal.x
    omg u guys.. everyone really needs to lighten up. i know how everyone needs to let their opinion be heard, and if u disagree with it, don't take it to heart. seriously, if someone thinks bullet for my valentine is shit (personally i think they're great), then who cares if they don't like them? it's their loss.
    Metal_Hed_23
    HavokStrife wrote: I don't know how anyone can honestly seriously rate the lyrics more than say, 2. BFMV's music is friggen awesome, I even love all of the different vocals, but seriously, this is an actual lyric: "I loved you, you hurt me back." Give me a ****in' break...
    its "you hurt me bad" ..good try tho bud
    cloud041089
    Trivium's last album has maybe one screamed verse, the rest singing.... good job.
    lukeedelston
    MetalMessiah665
    Great album, just to show you how far they've come in such little time,they opened for Iron Maiden in October (I saw it)
    Unskathed
    I can hardly believe that people call this band metal. It's more like hard rock with those stupid poppy chorus'. Unearth was right when they said metalcore was dying- and I blame it all on those Goddamn poppy chorus'.
    frett_ledgend
    The Poison is a good album for a band that I often see as a gateway into heavier music. They are reasonably talented musicians, but not, as many people tend to label them, 'bringing old school metal back' as any discerning metalhead will tell you, good metal never went away. It just became more of an undercurrent, influencing bands like Bullet and Trivium that have made it big. Not that I mind Bullet, as they seem like a reasnable bunch of guys, and their lyrics are heartfelt if a bit naiive sounding. I'm also a bit averse to the bassist's screaming. At least they appear to be sticking to writing what they like and not changing their sound/vocals and lyrical style like some bands *cough* Trivium *cough*. 6.5/10 - Good but I'm sure they'll improve.
    u dikhead thats cos they hav only really released one album and trivium = 3, and if u knew about trivium u would know y matt(heafy) screamed in the first place... P.S.. absoloutley love trivium and bfmv
    22acacia
    For Nu Metal, these guys arent half bad. Again thats only as far as Nu Metal goes. Thats like rating a piece of shit 10 on the shit scale.