The Poison review by Bullet for My Valentine

• Released: Oct 26, 2005
Bullet for My Valentine: The Poison

This record of BFMV starts off with a cool little intro with cellos, which is kinda cool but the rest of the CD is pretty much heavy metal, with Matt Tuck and the bass player for the band doing most of the screaming on this record, they both scream good and enough that you can tell there a metal band but not to much that the screaming will get on your nerves. The guitar and drums both sound great and go good together, the bass while at times you can hear it, there are some times were you can't hear it unless you listen really close. This is like the last record with the kind of screams that Tuck does because of surgery on his throat, his screams are better on this CD and there are more of them with the heavier songs. Overall this is a good CD and... That's all there is to it.

The lyrics to the songs are pretty well written, it basically tells you the meaning to the whole song in the song itself which is a good thing if you like finding the meanings to songs. The lyrics and the music itself match up really well, when he sings usually its soft guitar or softer sounding but when either of the people scream it usually shifts into more aggressive sounding guitars or faster drums or just something that adds excitement to that moment. Like I said before the guitarist and bass player sing at parts with the guitarist singing as well as screaming, where as the bass player usually adds backing screams to the songs, both scream really good and really aggressive sounding parts to songs that would be maybe a softer song without them. So overall good hear too.

This is the heaviest record by them and is done the best with there style, its heavier than Scream, Aim, Fire and that's a good thing. Some of the songs that I found most impressive were Tears Don't Fall, Room 409, Hit The Floor, and Suffocating Under Words of Sorrow, I think those are some of the best songs on an already awesome CD. What I love about it is, it's heavy while still melodic and there real good musicians, the things I hate is... Well I really have nothing I hate about this CD, it's an amazing one. I borrowed it from a friend but if I could I would buy it and if that got stolen I would kiss the ass of the person who stole it and get it back. This CD is amazing anyone who is a fan of metalcore should definately pick this one up.

fuzzymunkee
    boyan89 wrote: katazuki wrote: ATTENTION BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE FANS WHO HAVE BEEN FANS FOR MORE THAN FIVE MINUTES (by this i mean you went through all the trouble of finding Hand of Blood album in stores before they were famous cause you were lucky enough to hear them somewhere and you have been fans of them for more than a year...) ENJOY BFMV WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!THEIR NEXT CD IS GONNA SUCK. SSSSSUUUUUCCCCCKKKKK! THEY ARE GETTING SOOOOO FAMOUS AND WE ALL KNOW WHAT HAPPENS TO GREAT BANDS WHEN THEY START HAVING RADIO TIME. MTV INTERVIEWS AND RINGTONES. THEY STOP ALL THE THING THAT MAKE THEM...THEM AND START SUCKING. tooo bad too. they are my fav. band right now. *SIGH* ummm their next cd is gonna kick complete ass i have heard Scream Aim And Fire and its better than what they have done in the past soooo yah
    i'm pretty sure scream aim fire puts this disc to shame