The Poison: Live At Brixton [DVD] review by Bullet for My Valentine

• Released: Dec 19, 2006
  • Content: 8
  • Production Quality: 9
Bullet for My Valentine: The Poison: Live At Brixton [DVD]

The sound quality on this live DVD is amazing and sounds almost exactly like the CD. Jay and Matt's vocals link up together perfectly and the riffs behind it are explosive. I think that when they play live they are more raw than on the CD and their stage prescence is astonishing considering that they only have an EP and one album to their name.

Content — 8
The live set and the music videos are all awesome but the documentaries are often pointless and ramble on a bit. Also, they have the whole set on it, not just the best songs which is good because often these DVD's have just the songs that went well for the band on the night.

Production Quality — 9
The production quality is good, just the documentaries should have been cut down a bit at some Points.Also, the menu's are pretty cool with the gunshot and stuff, nothing special but they are something which has been done well.

This DVD is definately worth getting. The most impressive part of the DVD it 'Just Another Star' during the live set. It actually sounds better than on their EP. I love the fact that there is so much there and that none of the live set's been cut out. I hate some of the documentaries, I know I keep on about them but some of them are repeated and rambling. If I lost it or someone stole it, I would definately buy it again.

sweetshadow666
    yea bfmv is screamo nd COB nd Trivium nd As I Lay Dying mayb all have them beat as far as guitar solos go tho
    Maggot66
    Cyclotoolica wrote: Unfortunatly I was forced to go to this gig. It sucked as I was expecting, the only semi-decent band of the day being Still Remains. And BFMV in no way resureccted the guitar solo.
    Yeah they did and you gay.