The Poison: Live At Brixton [DVD] review by Bullet for My Valentine

• Released: Dec 19, 2006
  • Content: 8
  • Production Quality: 8
Bullet for My Valentine: The Poison: Live At Brixton [DVD]

This a truly an awesome metal concert. From the very start of the concert to the end the sound is amazing. This really shows the skill that this band has. It is almost a exact copy of the album played live, except for added parts. The mixing for it could have been a bit better. Sometimes you can barely hear the vocals when the guitars are plating heavy. That was pretty much the only problem with the sound.

Content — 8
The live show of this DVD is most of 'The Poison' songs and a few from their EP, including 'Hand Of Blood' and 'No Control'. The whole concert is on, from the minute they walk on till when they walk off, no breaks or anything. There's also a lot of behind the scenes stuff. A lot of it is kinda pointless with not much info being told, but there's enough to keep you interested. This DVD also features 5 music videos of Bullets including 'All These Things I Hate (Revolve Around Me)' and 'Tears Don't Fall'. There's a lot of random band stuff, music playing over clips of them. Interviews and some songs being played live. Most of the content is great buy a lot is rather boring and dull.

Production Quality — 8
Although this has awesome camera shots, they sometimes miss the good parts. The guitar solos were filmed a lot, you can see what notes are played and that's all that is in focus when the solos are on. Sometimes when the camera was moving, it would blur the band members, making you miss there parts, like screaming parts etc. It was quite annoying with the camera also moving so often, with you not being able to focus on one member at a time. But once you get use to it you enjoy it.

The very start of this DVD is the most impressive. Just after 'Intro' has finished and the band members are on stage, they start playing 'Her Voice Resides'. It feels like there is so much power there. The drums, guitar and screaming all going at once, with a impressive display of fire, and camera angles makes this the best part. The show was the best content on it, but the music videos were a added bonus. Some of the other stuff could have been improved, but it was good to have some behind the scenes stuff on Bullet. I was impressed by this first DVD from Bullet, and I would buy it again if I had to, it is worth it.