In The Mouth Of The Young review by Bullets and Octane

• Released: Apr 11, 2006
Bullets and Octane: In The Mouth Of The Young

The whole albume is quick and up-beat. With 'Bathroom Floor' being the closest to a ballad this band get. Generaly Bullets and Octane sound similar to Avenged Sevenfold but without some of the lengthy guitar solos. The solos there are are brilliant especialy the one in 'Queen Mirage'. By far the best riff is at the begining of 'My Disease' which is arguably one of the best riffs ever!

The lyrics are all rather 'dark'. They aren't always that clear but there are a lot of catchy bits in the first three songs on the album. The singer is well suited to the style of music and I am glad to say doesn't shout all the time like Matt Heafy from Trivium. By far the best lyrics are in 'Cave In'. The chorus words being: "She's too naive for suicide but God I wish that bitch would die."

This is a brilliant album that you can never get sick of no matter how hard you try. Definitely worth listening to and if someone stole it off me it would be the best thing they'd ever stolen. There are a lot of feel good song with the highlights being: My Disease, Save Me Sorrow, Cave In, Queen Mirage. This album is definitley worth buying.

-XII-
    I don't see how the singer sounds like Nickelback... I only really listen to the first part of this album, it kinda goes downhill after Cancer California IMO. Ain't Your Saviour is my favourite.