Mercy review by Burden Brothers

• Released: Oct 31, 2006
Burden Brothers: Mercy

Burden Brothers are a band out of Dallas TX. They have a sound that is definately their own. The lead singer/songwriter is Vaden Todd Lewis, ex-Toadies frontman, joined by Taz Bentley, formerly of Reverend Horton Heat's band. It's quite a unique sound. Rock and roll with comprehendable lyrics. It's kind of like putting the Toadies and Thin Lizzy in a blender and smashing said blender.

The lyrics are very well thought out. The songs actually tell stories, as opposed to just conveying a feeling. Vaden is a hell of a singer and the voicings behind the words prove that the songs on their own are well written. They could totally be played without the leads, on an acoustic and sound fantastic.

This album is the sophmore effort by Burden Brothers and is more of a band effort (the first album, Buried In Your Black Heart, was mostly two to three people). It's hard to say which song is the best, they're all pretty sweet. One of the things I enjoy about this album is the fact that every time you listen to it, you kind of get stuck on a different song. If this CD were stolen, I would definately buy a new one. The only thing is if were stolen, I could buy a new one, but it could not replace the autographed copy I have now.

Xaezius
    I'm very impressed with this record. I agreee with astrocreep71, it has great lyrics, it flows nicely, and I dig every song (each for a different meaning) It reminds me of another album that is completely different, but conveys the same emotion throughout the album. I'd give it a 8.3/4!!