Mercy review by Burden Brothers

• Released: Oct 31, 2006
Burden Brothers: Mercy

This band is so unbelievable. Their first album (Buried in Your Black Heart (BIYBH)) was a much more gritty rock than this, however it is still a great value. This is my favorite album of all time. The band rocks tracks like "Shine" and "Still", and when you listen to them it makes you want to headbang like you were at their concert (Indeed an exhilarating experience, having seen them live twice). My favorite thing about this album is that ALL of the songs are good, which doesn't happen often enough. Every song has it's own unique character and feeling. Another great thing about this album is even though it is a primarily straight rock album, it has some acoustic moments (in my sky, mercy) and has room for experimentation (I am a cancer, It's Time, Daughter of Science). These are tracks you wouldn't normally hear on just any album.

Vaden Todd Lewis is a great vocalist. He's got one of the best voices in rock and roll. His lyrics are heartfelt and tell a story, instead of just conveying the feeling. Tracks like "trick of logic" and "liberated" just get your heart moving and pumped. My concert favorite of these is definitely "Shine".

THis album tops all others in my view. I never get tired of it. There's nothing I could think of that could be changed. It is absolutely perfect. Were I to lose this album, I would go buy two more copies. One, for listening, and the other to put in a fireproof/stealproof safe so that if I lost the first one, I wouldn't have to go back to the store.