Notorious review by Buried in Verona

• Released: Jun 1, 2012
  • Reviewer's score: 4.7 Poor
Buried in Verona: Notorious

The band's sound has definitely evolved since they release "Saturday Night Fever" ("SNF") but they've also become very mainstream (which isn't to say they're not still amazing). The album uses a lot of metalcore riffs and breakdowns. Oh, as well as an excessive use of the word "f--k". There's nothing really outstanding about this album. It's the same old metalcore that's always been here.

The lyrics are very hateful. The vocalist has definitely matured a lot since "SNF" but overall, he's still writing the same kind of lyrics. The very first lyrics heard are "If I found your burning body, I wouldn't stop to p-ss on you" If you love raspy screams then this is your album.

It's very similar to a lot of other bands like Confession, Attack Attack! and Your Demise. There are some songs which are weak but there are also some songs that stand out like "Couldn't Give 34 F--ks" and "LionHeart". If I had to choose between this album and something else to buy now, I'd definitely go for something else.

Joshwalad
    A couple of my friends love this band, but I think it's more because of their tendency to come to my shitty little town and play all age gigs so all the shitty little bands in my town can support them and then mosh. Pretty generic metalcore imo.