Leave No Ashes review by Burning Brides

• Released: Jun 29, 2004
Burning Brides: Leave No Ashes

Grungy rock, that is how I would describe this band. The guitars are heavy, but not metal heavy, you can hear a lot of Soundgarden in the way that the music is put together, and that makes for a heavy grinding experience-slow thudding riffs.

Once again there is another similarity to grunge here, very self examinating/exploring. The lyrics have a lot to do with death, and pain. My favorite lyric comes from the song 'Heart Full Of Black' (thier best song IMO), the lyric goes "I made a promise by the side of the road to bury my God damn halo, I've got a heart with a black line, I've got a heart full of black." I love the fact that the singer isn't helped by protools in the studio, you can tell what he can and can't do and that allows you to attach yourself to the music a little more.

This is a really good rock album, nothing ground breaking, but just good rock. No real terriffic solos, or anything that will change your life, but I find it in my car quite often, and if it were damaged I'd replace it. I'm giving the album a 9 just because I really like it-it proably doesn't deserve a 9, but everyone will have to live with my descision-i hope you all lose sleep over this! By the way thier new album Love Hang is coming out soon, and I can't wait for it. One more thing, if you don't like this band, buy the album for the bass player - she's a hottie!

brer rabbit
    The Burning Brides are one of my favorite bands and this album was light-years ahead of their first one "Fall of the Plastic Empire". The bass player is hot and this is a good review.
    subliminalblue
    I saw them open up for APC back in 2004 and they rocked. No luck finding the CD or any of their music around other than Arctic Snow