Mind Control review by Burning the Masses

• Released: Oct 28, 2008
Burning the Masses: Mind Control

Ok fisrt thing congrats to this 5 piece for giving something worth headbanging too. With there undoubting technability on guitar and screeching screams it's about time there got a chance to share there technical metal with us. When I heard there first actual CD was coming out on october 31 I was stoked but instead I spent about a month in a half and not bieng able to even find the CD at any store! I looked at hot topic to best buy to no joke everywhere. I was gonna order it online but Some friends of mine hooked me up with it and I went straight home and listend to this master piece. The styles potrayed on the CD range from brutal death metal to spanish style riffs. A good example of this would be there instrumental "La Chupacabra" and as far as for there well known techinacal guitar work some very sick examples would be hence "Arms Raised, Eyes Closed" letting us listen to double solos and ridiculous guitar riffs. They did re-record 2 song bieng "Nailgun Massacre and Moltres" with they can be good or bad it's really a matter of opinion. Intrument wise the guitars are mixed beautifully and the drums and vox are intesly good but the only flaw is for bassist is a big no no because for sum reason they decided to turn the bass down to hardley is noticable. But it more then makes up with the guitar work. They also have a new drummer(Chason) who is pretty damn good at the drums. He keeps up with the guitarist and no doubt has very well precise technique.

David Montenegro (there new singer from former band Evade The Swarm) without a doubt a whole lot more talented then Burning The Masses previous singer instead of incorperating they very well known pig squel David does every know growl out there and every know high and there and a mix of both. What also is a fave about burning the masses is that the singing syches in so well with the guitar work. Also with the back up vocals of Arde hitting them highs with Davids lows are perfectly in sync. The lyrics are about most typical metal lyrics like nature and religion and etc but they do stand due to the fact that David screams jsut make you want to actually listen to them. Very catchy.

This disc has been the most anticipated CD I've ever bought. This is all I listen to and can honestly say this CD is truely metal. The most impressive songs of the album would have to be "Prodigy, Cyanide amd Arms Raised, Eyes Closed." I love everything about it from vocals to especially guitar work. If it were stolenid be able to find the person because there's a tracker on the CD itself soo yeah. If not I'd but again because I told my freind to get 3 extra copies incase this sort of thing happend.

JagStang5246
    Not a very good review. Honestly, the album is great, but you should be a more critical. They're good, but not the best band in the world.
    Spwee1494
    yeah, a tad more critical, i myself loved it, but some songs were too long or boring
    mafoogles
    hey, the interview got me to check out the band (who i now canot stop listening to) so it obviously wasnt that bad.
    Wookieslayer
    Haven't heard the album yet, but i saw this band live once at the whiskey in hollywood. They actually impressed me because they were a local band at the time.
    becker009
    becker009
    becker009 wrote: wow, send this reviewer back to elementary school. with spelling and grammar like that, i can hardly trust the review, let alone his musical knowledge.
    i just checked. he is an idiot and has no little to no apparent experience with deathcore. even though BTM ARE a good band, don't trust this review.
    tamotots
    when i first swa the album cover on a magazine, i thought the band was burning them asses. LOL
    Fender700
    I saw these guys when they came to Chicago. great live energy and flawless playing, even with a cricle pit going on
    heartagram256
    Review kind of sucks but the album is my personal favorite death metal/deathcore album aside from Suicide Silence' "The Cleansing."