Mind Control review by Burning the Masses

• Released: Oct 28, 2008
Burning the Masses: Mind Control

This CD is has technicality, proficiency, and the album was also mixed very well. The new vocalist has not only a better range, but is much more aduible. The only problem with the production is the bass, you can seldom hear it.There are nine new songs on this album. "Moltres" "Cyanide" and "Nailgun Massacre" were re-recorded. I was very dissapointed to see "Deprived of Purity" was not re-recorded. There are also three instrumental songs on the album "Cinema" "La Chupacabra" and "Galactic Abduction" which are very abstract to say the least, but definitely show this bands technical ability.

Singer can scream and growl. Typical now a days, almost genereic sounding with a little spice. The production helped though. "Gerascophobia" stood out among tracks, and had a hardcore edge to it in my opinion, with harsh mids. The lyrics are mature, abstract, and really grab the listener in my opinion.

I love their EP "Volatile Existence" but this album blows all sorts of things out of the water. Definitely listen to "Cyanide" "Nailgun Massacre" but personal favorites that stand out include "Arms Raised, Eyes Closed" and "Gerascophobia". I hope their next album will have bass mixed in better, and still have the technical, proficient guitars and precise drumming. This album and band are definitely worth supporting. Go buy the album, and support the band by going to a show or purchasing merch. I would buy this album again if I lost it.

x iReGzZ x
    I was also dissapointed about them not re-recording Deprived of Purity. But Nailgun Massacre is a master peice. With the rediculous Arrpegios.
    x iReGzZ x
    I was also dissapointed about them not re-recording Deprived of Purity, but Nailgun Massacre is a Master peice. With the rediculous Arpeggios.