Mind Control Review

8.7
 8.9
 8.4
Mind Control Reviewed by: badhabit000, on march 10, 2009

Sound: Ok fisrt thing congrats to this 5 piece for giving something worth headbanging too. With there undoubting technability on guitar and screeching screams it's about time there got a chance to share there technical metal with us. When I heard there first actual CD was coming out on october 31 I was stoked but instead I spent about a month in a half and not bieng able to even find the CD at any store! I looked at hot topic to best buy to no joke everywhere. I was gonna order it online but Some friends of mine hooked me up with it and I went straight home and listend to this master piece. The styles potrayed on the CD range from brutal death metal to spanish style riffs. A good example of this would be there instrumental "La Chupacabra" and as far as for there well known techinacal guitar work some very sick examples would be hence "Arms Raised, Eyes Closed" letting us listen to double solos and ridiculous guitar riffs. They did re-record 2 song bieng "Nailgun Massacre and Moltres" with they can be good or bad it's really a matter of opinion. Intrument wise the guitars are mixed beautifully and the drums and vox are intesly good but the only flaw is for bassist is a big no no because for sum reason they decided to turn the bass down to hardley is noticable. But it more then makes up with the guitar work. They also have a new drummer(Chason) who is pretty damn good at the drums. He keeps up with the guitarist and no doubt has very well precise technique. // 10

Lyrics: David Montenegro (there new singer from former band Evade The Swarm) without a doubt a whole lot more talented then Burning The Masses previous singer instead of incorperating they very well known pig squel David does every know growl out there and every know high and there and a mix of both. What also is a fave about burning the masses is that the singing syches in so well with the guitar work. Also with the back up vocals of Arde hitting them highs with Davids lows are perfectly in sync. The lyrics are about most typical metal lyrics like nature and religion and etc but they do stand due to the fact that David screams jsut make you want to actually listen to them. Very catchy. // 10

Overall Impression: This disc has been the most anticipated CD I've ever bought. This is all I listen to and can honestly say this CD is truely metal. The most impressive songs of the album would have to be "Prodigy, Cyanide amd Arms Raised, Eyes Closed." I love everything about it from vocals to especially guitar work. If it were stolenid be able to find the person because there's a tracker on the CD itself soo yeah. If not I'd but again because I told my freind to get 3 extra copies incase this sort of thing happend. // 10

Mind Control Reviewed by: ryanb9213, on october 13, 2009

Sound: This CD is has technicality, proficiency, and the album was also mixed very well. The new vocalist has not only a better range, but is much more aduible. The only problem with the production is the bass, you can seldom hear it.There are nine new songs on this album. "Moltres" "Cyanide" and "Nailgun Massacre" were re-recorded. I was very dissapointed to see "Deprived of Purity" was not re-recorded. There are also three instrumental songs on the album "Cinema" "La Chupacabra" and "Galactic Abduction" which are very abstract to say the least, but definitely show this bands technical ability. // 8

Lyrics: Singer can scream and growl. Typical now a days, almost genereic sounding with a little spice. The production helped though. "Gerascophobia" stood out among tracks, and had a hardcore edge to it in my opinion, with harsh mids. The lyrics are mature, abstract, and really grab the listener in my opinion. // 7

Overall Impression: I love their EP "Volatile Existence" but this album blows all sorts of things out of the water. Definitely listen to "Cyanide" "Nailgun Massacre" but personal favorites that stand out include "Arms Raised, Eyes Closed" and "Gerascophobia". I hope their next album will have bass mixed in better, and still have the technical, proficient guitars and precise drumming. This album and band are definitely worth supporting. Go buy the album, and support the band by going to a show or purchasing merch. I would buy this album again if I lost it. // 8

Comments