Cover Your Tracks review by Bury Your Dead

• Released: Oct 19, 2004
Bury Your Dead: Cover Your Tracks

Well, if this album was mixed with no vocals, only guitars and bass and drums, it'd definetly make it's way to the trashcan imediatly after opening it. Although they aren't the most pleasant thing to listen to when trying to impress the emo girls, it's definetly something to listen to when you just don't care and want to tear shut up! the guitars to me are too boring and give the idea this album was based on the lyrics more than anything. The drumming is amazing onthe other hand, the double pedal has a very unique sound and techniqe added to it.

The lyrics over all are very in depth but yet straight forward and to the point. You don't really have to think about what the song is about because the lyrics are very simple and tell you exactly how it is. "We all make mistakes in life, you made your choice, at the same time you made mine" very straight forward and not too complicated at all. It's not hard to distiguish what he is saying either. It does take some time thought to just sit down and understand everything.

What I love about his album is that it doesnt't sound like anything else out there on the mainstream. it's very unique in style as far as vocal sound and structure. If this album was stolen I not only would buy another one, but kick in the throat of the theif while listening to my new copy. Over all a very good choice to the lovers of brutal breakdowns.

xFatMikex
    Good Cd. Very repetetive though. They put on a great live show- I've seen em twice. If you don't believe me go out and buy "Bury Your Dead- ALIVE!" It's a live DVD shot at the Chain Reaction in Anahiem.
    xguffx
    bury your dead is a great hardcore band...don't talk shit until you seen them live you'll a whole different perspective on them
    feelsofilthy665
    i will admit, i do like this band, but i can see why alot of people don't like the vocals. but as everyone is saying, they probably are a "live" band. theres no doubt they would put on a great show, i mean, fast aggressive parts, are fun to go nuts too, out of their three ablums which one should i buy?
    Infamou$17
    2nd best album metalcore's ever produced(Caitiff Choir is better), probably the best album they will ever put out.