Deconstructed review by Bush

• Released: Nov 11, 1997
  • Reviewer's score: 4.7 Poor
Bush: Deconstructed

My impression of this was a very curious one. This album came after 2 very big records in the US. They kind of tossed it out there in 1997 after albums in 1994 and 1996. I feel it was something new for the fans until they released "The Science Of Things" in 1999. The songs on here are all remixed with weird drum beats and stupid effects. They take great songs from the first 2 albums and screw the prestige up. The styles are something so diverse I'm not sure what they were thinking. None of the songs really sound simulair to anything they've done before. Bad sound, bad idea and most importantly bad concept.

The lyrics aren't too bad. Some of the songs on the album have the same lyrics then some are modified with lyrics taken out are added in. The compliance is totally different and for a remixed album I guess they did remix it well, even though I hate it. Rossdale's voice is extended throughout but doesn't really sound too bad.

It is their worst album easily. "Mouth" (the stingray mix) is the only good song I enjoyed. Most Bush fans agree that this album is a joke. I don't like anything about it and I think it was a bad idea. I have the album, because I love Bush. If I lost it I wouldn't get it ever again. Only severely obsessed fans should buy this, I wish I didn't.

Jondy
    This is without a doubt the crappiest CD I have ever heard in my life. A disgrace to Bush.