Deconstructed Review

Bush: Deconstructed
Released: Nov 11, 1997
Genre: Rock
Styles: Alternative Pop/Rock, Post-Grunge
Odder than odd, this remix album removes much of what listeners closely associate as being what Bush is about (pop-Nirvana clones) and turns the focus onto the then-expected electronica craze.
 Lyrics: 6.5
 3.7
 4.9
 2.4
reviews (2) 1 comment vote for this album:
Deconstructed Reviewed by: rob_acoustic, on february 25, 2005

Sound: My impression of this was a very curious one. This album came after 2 very big records in the US. They kind of tossed it out there in 1997 after albums in 1994 and 1996. I feel it was something new for the fans until they released "The Science Of Things" in 1999. The songs on here are all remixed with weird drum beats and stupid effects. They take great songs from the first 2 albums and screw the prestige up. The styles are something so diverse I'm not sure what they were thinking. None of the songs really sound simulair to anything they've done before. Bad sound, bad idea and most importantly bad concept. // 4

Lyrics: The lyrics aren't too bad. Some of the songs on the album have the same lyrics then some are modified with lyrics taken out are added in. The compliance is totally different and for a remixed album I guess they did remix it well, even though I hate it. Rossdale's voice is extended throughout but doesn't really sound too bad. // 6

Overall Impression: It is their worst album easily. "Mouth" (the stingray mix) is the only good song I enjoyed. Most Bush fans agree that this album is a joke. I don't like anything about it and I think it was a bad idea. I have the album, because I love Bush. If I lost it I wouldn't get it ever again. Only severely obsessed fans should buy this, I wish I didn't. // 4

Deconstructed Reviewed by: DownInAHole., on august 07, 2006

Sound: Probably one of the worst albums I've ever heard in my entire life. Bush is a great band, and this album is a disgrace to Bush and Bush fans. I can't believe they would take great songs and then techno them up into some gay night club music. It's way too techno for me. I love a good rock song. // 3

Lyrics: It's Gavin singing, but awful music. Gavin Rossdale has a noce voice but I think it is completely drowned out by that "Moby-type" mix. The lyrics were ok though. Songwriting was acceptable as well, but I don't think that Gavin's vocals or lyrics went well with the music. // 7

Overall Impression: Worst album I've ever heard in my life. I highly suggest that you don't buy it unless you get it for free and listen to how crappy it is. It is a huge disgrace to Bush and I can't believe they would release something like this. If it was stolen or lost I wouldn't buy it again because it sucks. I don't think I'll have to worry about that bacause I doubt anyone would love this album that much that they would resort to stealing it. Don't buy Deconstructed by Bush. // 5

Comments