Razorblade Suitcase review by Bush

• Released: Nov 19, 1996
Bush: Razorblade Suitcase

I was definately impresses and blown away by Bush's 1996 album, Razorblade suitcase. To start things off, I thought the guitars on this album were more than excellent. Very crunchy, "grunge-like" guitar work from Gavin Rossdale and Nigel Pulsford. Bass lines were really good as well. Dave Parsons held it together and put some good bass lines in between songs. Robin Goodridge is one of my favorite alternative drummers he is amazing what he can do. The sound quality on this album is really good and if you hate the song writing you will love the sound.

I like Gavin's songwriting as well as his vocals on Razorblade Suitcase. Very thorough songwrting and I think Gavin puts his heart in his music and I think his lyrics would be exhibit A. You can feel he is felling when you hear him sing. I was overall impressed with his songwriting.

I was without a shadow of doubt more than pleased with this album. This is definately one of Bush's best, if not, their best. I enjoyed the songs, "Greedy Fly", "Swallowed", and "Mouth" the most and if you get this album I think you should give those particular songs a listen. If I lost it I would more than likely buy it again just for the simple reason I love Bush. So go check it out.

staind_dust87
    Incredible album. One of the finest to come out of the grunge era. Its a much darker album than any other bush record. It is only topped by the Bush's final effort (so far), Golden State.
    ibanezeric82
    I actually found this record to be my LEAST favorite by Bush. I don't think it's the sound or lyrics that were problems for me, just the fact that I felt the songs on their other three discs were far more memorable and catchy. This one just kinda lacked that element to me. And I feel that if a song isn't memorable, it's not really that great. Sure, the other records were completely full of these kinds of songs, but this one didn't have any, in my opinion.
    rightkeith
    This album sucked. It had one good song, Swallowed, which i heard on the radio and loved. Then i bought the album, waste of money. . . and that's even after i got it 50% off.
    staind_dust87
    sure, this album isnt near as catchy as the last but in every other aspect its better. i think this album is more for the bush die hards than the just the radio listener. Personal Holloway is my fav
    pwninator123
    Yeah, really the only problem that Bush ever had was that apparently Gavin Rossdale just completely lacks the ability to write a hook.
    GavinGrunge96
    My favorite album. Ever. I discovered the cassette of this when I was 14 and it's the reason why I love the music I'm into today. Bush since then has been my favorite band with Razorblade Suitcase still being my favorite album. Gavin Rossdale is a true poet and it all comes out in this album with the dark guitar riffs and his unique voice. My favorites are "Personal Holloway", "Greedy Fly", "History" and "A Tendency to Start Fires" but every single song on the album is something I'm always in the mood to listen to.
    Saverain
    I really enjoyed this album in my teens, 10 years ago. A great album overall. The lyrics are where it's at, I can sing a long with every song and they all have great meaning and significance.