Sixteen Stone review by Bush

• Released: Dec 6, 1994
Bush: Sixteen Stone

Great. The grunge and rock effects really show on this album. The band's use of instruments does too. I mean, you can hardly hear the bass player in most bands. Which is a pity, because the bass keeps the lower notes and fatter chords balanced.

The lyrics are insane. Some of the most clever I have ever heard. Gavin Rossdale is a lyrical genius. They'll be singing about getting their brains torn out, alchohol to colors and exes. Gavin Rossdale's vocals also help the album along with its success. His strong British voice leads the way with most of the songs. He probably sings the best on this album than any other one. Even though I enjoyed Razorblade Suitcase just the same.

I loved this album. I thought this one and Razorblade Suitcase were the best ones in their career. It was better than "The Science of Things" and it had just a little bit better impression than "Golden State". The best songs on this album are "Everything Zen" obviously. "Glycerine" which is fantastic. "Machine Head," "X-Girlfriend," "Monkey On The Trail" and "Little Things." All these songs blew me away, especially "Glycerine". I love almost everything about this CD. The only thing bad is that "X-Girlfriend" is a forty five second song with only one lyric that repeats about one hundred times. This CD is pretty cheap, you could find it basically anywhere. Used copies can be scratched. But it doesn't really disable the CD much. If you're a real grunge or rock fan. Buy it.

we_built_a_tree
    I think Bush is fairly unoriginal. If you want to hear real grunge, then go out and buy some Nirvana Cds!
    brianstlouis
    you dumbass, nirvana didn't invent grunge if that's what you're saying. kurt, chris and dave formed a band that complimented and really captured their influences, (green river, pearl jam, mudhoney, sonic youth, etc..) those are some of the original grunge bands, trust me man nirvana is ****ing amazing, they are my favourite band, but they don't "define" grunge, you're blind and ignorant if you say that. bush is a fracking sick grunge band, and in my opinion this is their best album, grunge is about freedom, it was created to break away from stereotypes, not become one! from the punk to rock, the 90's will never ever STOP!!! peace
    brianstlouis
    great review by the way, i dug it! my comment was for we_built_a_tree (by the way, talk about unoriginal, you say bush is, but look at your with your nirvana nickname, yeah bush really is unoriginal...) peace for real this time ;p
    we_built_a_tree
    that is a fairly old and ignorant comment of mine I guess... and I regret choosing this username Nirvana didn't invent grunge, and their not the best band out there; they did some really good songs, but, in my opinion, are fairly inconsistent. Yet I think they are better than Bush, but that's MY opinion, and I didn't want to offend anyone.