A Present For Everyone review by Busted

• Released: Dec 30, 2003
Busted: A Present For Everyone

The overall sound on this album is basically guitar-based pop, but it is easy to tell they have punk/rock influences with songs such as "Falling for You" sounding quite like Blink 182! The nanana's especially must be coincidental lol. I would say if you liked Busted's first album, self-titled, you should defiitely listen to this one as it's even cheekier and is in true Busted style.

The lyrics on the album are somewhat amusing. If you like the funny, kinda-makes-no-sense kinda thing, you should go for this as you'll love songs such as "Air Hostess," "She Wants to Be Me," and, well, most of the album! There are some serious songs, too, to be fair, such as "3am," "Why," and "Can't Break Through." The lyrics aren't dumbfound-ingly amazing, but the tunes are catchy and quite good. I'd like to point out also that Busted definitely do write all of their own songs, and if you think different you're an utter fool! I have also seen them live a fair few times and they definitely CAN sing live and definitely DO play their instruments. Playing guitar AND drums to a good standard is called talent, people, and jealousy is unhealthy, so stop spreading crap about Busted.

My overall impression is that if you want to hear something different, buy this album. I can't compare it to anything other than a slither of their first album, as Busted's songwriting has definitely progressed since the first album. They worked with the Matrix, a producing team, on two of their tracks on this album, one of them being, "Air Hostess," which is their next single, released on April 12th in the UK. If you don't buy the album, check out the single, if you like it, get the album!!! My favourite song was immediately Can't Break Through, but only because at the time I related to it. It conveys a lot of emotion, as does Better Than This and Why, some of my favbourite songs. I, myself, quite like meaningful lyrics, so when I first heard this album, I have to say, I wasn't overjoyed with it, but in a short while I grew to love it as the songs stick in your head, and you can't help but love them. I'm not too happy with Fake, as I just don't like the sound or lyrics of it. The weakness on this album is definitely Fake, in my opinion, as it sounds like a song they just stuck in to fill a gap. I would definitely buy it again if it broke or got lost as I love it, and I would probably cry my eyes out (Busted obsession). I think it's worth buying your little sister for a birthday present. It would only appeal to certain a certain age group, such as 7-late 20's, but that's just my opinion. I'd also like to say that I think it's a complete waste of time making a review of a band you hate and I'm actually glad a certain person did this as you wasted your time and energy to hate someone and put so much effort into it! THANK YOU!