A Present For Everyone Review

Busted: A Present For Everyone
Released: Dec 30, 2003
Genre: Pop Punk, Pop Rock, Power Pop
Label: Universal Island
"A Present for Everyone" is the second and final studio album by British rock band Busted.
 Lyrics: 6.2
 6.2
 6.4
 5.9
A Present For Everyone Reviewed by: feesk8ordie, on august 20, 2004

Sound: OK, my friends little sister bought this album and made me listen to it. (Honest!) So I thought I would warn everybody else about how bad Busted are. The sound is awful. It is pop trying to rock. It is three stupid, very untalented children trying to be Kurt Cobain. The fact this album has been classed as punk-pop is an insult to the genuinely good punk pop bands. (For example The Offspring, Blink, Sum 41.) Nothing more to say, except I'd like to point out the only people I've met that like Busted have been three girls I know. (Aged 5, 7, and 8!) // 2

Lyrics: POP. The lyrics are something that would be written by a sad, never been shagged, 43 year old still living at home with his Mom and Dad. Whether it be fantazing about air stewardesses, or crashing weddings, it is a load of balls. Instead listen to lyrics written by Neil Young or The Beatles. // 2

Overall Impression: This is the worst CD I have ever heard, (and my sister used to like S Club 7)It is insulting that this stuff makes millions and my band can't even get a gig! I urge you kids, if you are thinking about buying this CD, instead go out and buy Nevermind by Nirvana, Smash by The Offspring and System of a Down's self titled album. (You'd probably get all three for the same price as this one Busted CD.) I would pay alot of money to someone if they exterminated all copies of this Cd. I have nothing more to say. If there was a lower rating than 1, Believe me, I'd rate it that! // 2

A Present For Everyone Reviewed by: Thania, on december 28, 2004

Sound: I thought that it would be OK, but it is amazing! Story attached, Loner In Love, it's amazing, it's a slow song, but amazing, 'couse the guitar sound really nice, and not that poppy or rock! Music style is like Blink 182 but poppier. You should buy the album! // 8

Lyrics: I think that the lyrics are amazing, as usual James Bourne has really outdone himself now. It's pretty easy listening, and it doesn't drag you down with the usual band "you're worthless" theme. They attack pretty easy everyday lyrics but make it really funny. And if they atack a pretty serious problem like in Over Now or 3 AM, they done it excellent, cos by the next single, you'll be up again. 01. Air Hostess - talk about a crush on an air hostess, which is pretty darn funny. 02. Crashed The Wedding - a revenge to a father of a love interests, and it's got really amazing lyrics on it. 03. Who's David? - deal with jealousy, a line that got me is "You stupid lying b--ch who's David?" 04. She Wants To Be Me - a story about an obsessed girlfriend, funny of course. With the ending of them being in a loony bin. 05. 3 Am - serious now, it's a really great story of when you break up with someone and you like that person again. 06. Falling For You - really funny with the "boink" sound on the swear words. Really great! My favourite track! 07. That Thing You Do - amazing, lyrics are pretty good. 08. Over Now - least amazing song of Busted but the lyrics are brilliant! 09. Loner In Love - "You know that it sucks, being a loner in love sigh." That cracks me up. 10. Fake - I can't stop laughing hearing this song. 11. Meet You There - amazing lyrics, "Where's the world that doesn't care, maybe I could meet you there!" 12. Why - like 3 Am, but this lyric is a little hard to understand. 13. Better Than This - amazing, Matt Willis did it well. 14. Can't Break Thru - JB you rock dude! Another rocking single Nerdy: Another great lyric! // 10

Overall Impression: Yup, they win when they compared to other artists. Impressive song: 3 Am, Meet You There, and Who's David? I love that they are not affraid to sell pop with guitar, and they are not affraid to bring a rock out tune too. I hate that they didn't put 20 tracks on the album, haha. No, I hate that they didn't do more rock out tune. If it were stolen or lost, this happen to me, I accidentally recorded it over, and. I bought a new one! // 10

A Present For Everyone Reviewed by: Ixany_Smash, on april 22, 2005

Sound: This album is awsome, I don't know who the hell the person is who wrote that really harsh review below, this one but if they are faggots then why have they sold 4 million albums in the UK alone? Busted ruled, without a doubt. This album is not brilliant but it's only there second album, so they were only learning to use more chords rather than just three they used on their self-titled album. A very mature pop-punk, post modern rock band who weren't afraid to show pop in another light. And if nobody likes them stop wasting your time writing reviews on Busted. // 10

Lyrics: Thank god Charlie didn't pretend to scream on this album, he always does live and it's embarassing. But this album has very good lyrics and I reckon it's been made for teenagers who have problems with sex, mates, and love. It's just an album which has songs almost anybody can relate to. Credit to James Bourne who wrote nearly all the songs on the album! // 10

Overall Impression: A good album by Busted, it's a shame they haven't made a third album because they would of definatley made their satement as to what type of music they do as the first two albums were experiments, as they were only learning. I don't hate anything about this album, I wouldn't lose it full stop, if someone stole it then I'd make sure they wouldn't do it agen! This album is worth the 11.99 I paid for it, so yeh go out and buy it as I'm confident you'll find one song you will like! // 10

A Present For Everyone Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 11, 2004

Sound: They make Blink 182 sound like good musicians, c'mon, learn how to play your instruments! One of the members, who "plays" guitar also "plays" drums, basically, non of them can play anything. // 2

Lyrics: Well, with such songs as 'Air Hostess' and 'I'm Glad I Crashed The Wedding' I've gotta say that these lyrics took about 5 minutes to write and I doubt they wrote them themselves - utter rubbish. To the other guy who rated the lyrics 5 - what were you on when you listened to these songs, and where can I get some? // 2

Overall Impression: They aren't rock in any way, shape or form, they're pop and imitate playing guitar. This "band" is a disgrace to rock and all 3 members should be used as human sacrifices. // 2

A Present For Everyone Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 21, 2005

Sound: Another crappy boy band pushed out there and rejected overnight. The only buyers of this gay CD would be little girls who would listen to it once and forget about them. Before anyone gets offended while reading this. I must say I hate this band because they are a stupid pop boys band labelled as a pop-punk band, want proof go to their site and they are called a pop-punk band. They aren't punk at all, the only thing close to what they are is pop-rock. I'd also like to add that these guys are Brittish faggets who sing with the cheesiest American accents. // 2

Lyrics: Lyrics are stupid and empty, they may be catchy but are really easy to forget which I like cause this band, or should I say group, suck. They are wrecking music as we know it. Come on, we had to wait for bands like Nirvana and Green Day to set music free and I think they'll have to do it again. Before these f--ked up s--t pop-rock groups multiply more. // 2

Overall Impression: This band sucks. More proof of them being only a pop band is that pop groups always have a picture of themselves on an album part of an image. These 3 faggs are real posers, and yes many people say posers but don't show what they mean. I mean, these 3 faggs are pretending to be punk with their instruments but theyre so fine tuned, it just takes away the key points of what the punk rock music is. Don't buy this CD, you'll regret it. I never bought the CD, I downloaded it off the Internet. The stupid pop industry won't get a quick buck off me for s--t like this. // 2

A Present For Everyone Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 25, 2005

Sound: I quite like Busted, they aren't brilliant I'll admit, but they did do really well and they are great to listen to. // 6

Lyrics: The lyrics are great, some songs co-written by McFly's Tom Fletcher e.g. Air Hostess, That Thing You Do, Who's David, Crashed The Wedding etc. Charlie's voice is completely different to Matt and James, Charlie should stick with serious sounding songs because his voice just doesn't fit as well as Matt and James. // 6

Overall Impression: It's an amazing album and it's a shame Busted never got seen in the light it deserved, they were original lyrics, some of the songs sounded similar. And in reply to whatever idiot wasted his time saying they suck: "Come on, we had to wait for bands like Nirvana and Green Day to set music free and I think they'll have to do it again." No offence intended, well a lot of offence intended to tell the truth, Nirvana and Green Day both suck, they are the most over rated bands I have ever come across. Nirvana, what the hell is all the hype about them? They are awful. Busted are actually talented to a certain extent. // 10

A Present For Everyone Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 27, 2005

Sound: Don't buy this album it honestly sucks. I mean I hated Busted's guts before I heard it, but my girlfriedn is a big fan unfortunately and made me listen to it. I have to say it was a big mistake. The songs are all a cheap rip-offs from bands. Busted's music is all flat, boring, poppy (attempted to be rock), and Busted are not the punk rock band they say they are: they are a boy group, Westlife with guitars that they can't play. I don't think there is one impressive guitar trick on the entire album. Honestly, Charklie Simpson, you should have met Fightstar before you became this loser. // 2

Lyrics: Lyrics? This is the same old rubbish you find on any other pop album, no originality or quality. Boring and meaningless and overrated. I'm not just saying this because they are busteds songs. The voices are poppy and annoying that do my head in. Charlie Simpson could do better than this, it is proved in the heavier cleverer Fightstar EP. If you just fancy this big eyebrowed kid, dont get a Busted CD, get Fightstar. // 2

Overall Impression: My overall impression involves words I will not display over the internet. // 2

A Present For Everyone Reviewed by: Rickydicky2004, on march 10, 2004

Sound: Well I am sure being an american website Busted isn't that well heard of, but the are a pop/punk band three members, Matt, Charlie and James. They have taken off over here in Britain cos of their different sound, they aren't what we were used to when they started out just over a year ago, they have witty lyrics, and a roughish punkish sound, which is just class. // 10

Lyrics: The three of them take turns at singing, and although they cant sing live, and I mean at all, it just means that theres hope for all of us hehehe, but they sound great, the youngest in the group, Charlie has the most distinct voice. All the lyrics are done themselves, and tell the story of teenage love, loss, and teachers. Some lyrics are amazing, others aren't great but still work. // 10

Overall Impression: I am reveiwing both albums, and if I lost either I would buy them again, and again, I would recommend it to anybody, especially after they were graced with two brits earlier in the year, and no other band I feel comes close, well in recent times anyway, Queen if Freedie where still with us, would certainly be in with a shout, as their greatest hits cd is superb. // 10

A Present For Everyone Reviewed by: busted_chick, on march 18, 2004

Sound: Okay, if you're into Simple Plan, Blink 182 and Sum 41 you'll probably like the sound of this album. It's very pop/rock and most of the songs are very upbeat. It is very rock sounding, but since they sing (no they dont scream like usual rock ;) ) it give its a very poppy sound. // 8

Lyrics: Okay, even though busted are my favourtie band, I do admit, some of there lyrics are complete rubbish! The lyrics do fit in with the songs though, like, there's no mumbling along really wuickly to try and make them fit in!! The singing on the album is good, but they're are pretty crap live!! lol, the have their moments but usually..ahh, no. // 6

Overall Impression: Um, I think it is definitely better than their last album, they have got more skilled in playing there instruments, and they have become more rock than just plain pop. One of the most impressive songs would have to be Why? or 3am. They're are both emo, belt out the slow rock boys! If it was stolen or losted, I would definitely go buy it again. It is worth buying if you're into bands like Blink 182 and Sum 41 and Simple Plan. GO Busted! // 8

A Present For Everyone Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 23, 2004

Sound: The overall sound on this album is basically guitar-based pop, but it is easy to tell they have punk/rock influences with songs such as "Falling for You" sounding quite like Blink 182! The nanana's especially must be coincidental lol. I would say if you liked Busted's first album, self-titled, you should defiitely listen to this one as it's even cheekier and is in true Busted style. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics on the album are somewhat amusing. If you like the funny, kinda-makes-no-sense kinda thing, you should go for this as you'll love songs such as "Air Hostess," "She Wants to Be Me," and, well, most of the album! There are some serious songs, too, to be fair, such as "3am," "Why," and "Can't Break Through." The lyrics aren't dumbfound-ingly amazing, but the tunes are catchy and quite good. I'd like to point out also that Busted definitely do write all of their own songs, and if you think different you're an utter fool! I have also seen them live a fair few times and they definitely CAN sing live and definitely DO play their instruments. Playing guitar AND drums to a good standard is called talent, people, and jealousy is unhealthy, so stop spreading crap about Busted. // 6

Overall Impression: My overall impression is that if you want to hear something different, buy this album. I can't compare it to anything other than a slither of their first album, as Busted's songwriting has definitely progressed since the first album. They worked with the Matrix, a producing team, on two of their tracks on this album, one of them being, "Air Hostess," which is their next single, released on April 12th in the UK. If you don't buy the album, check out the single, if you like it, get the album!!! My favourite song was immediately Can't Break Through, but only because at the time I related to it. It conveys a lot of emotion, as does Better Than This and Why, some of my favbourite songs. I, myself, quite like meaningful lyrics, so when I first heard this album, I have to say, I wasn't overjoyed with it, but in a short while I grew to love it as the songs stick in your head, and you can't help but love them. I'm not too happy with Fake, as I just don't like the sound or lyrics of it. The weakness on this album is definitely Fake, in my opinion, as it sounds like a song they just stuck in to fill a gap. I would definitely buy it again if it broke or got lost as I love it, and I would probably cry my eyes out (Busted obsession). I think it's worth buying your little sister for a birthday present. It would only appeal to certain a certain age group, such as 7-late 20's, but that's just my opinion. I'd also like to say that I think it's a complete waste of time making a review of a band you hate and I'm actually glad a certain person did this as you wasted your time and energy to hate someone and put so much effort into it! THANK YOU! // 10

A Present For Everyone Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 14, 2004

Sound: WHOA!! Talk about crap! My little sister bought the cd last week and my life has gone downhill. There is absolutely nothing in this "album" that hasnt been done before. The kids jump around pretending to play guitar and sing. At first I wondered why, that, if the three of them play guitar, why you only ever hear one guitar going, then I realised, because its not real. There just little popstars who have these empty little "songs" (that you can't tell apart) written for them. There voices are all as processed as Michael Jackson's face, and they probably dont know themselves which parts they sang because they're voices are about as consistent as a random number (couldn't think of a different metaphor) I'd rather listen to paint dry. // 2

Lyrics: These guys are so profound. The way they churn out the one-minute jobs given to them by the studio. Incoherent and stupid, I'm sure these are just the words from an Aaron Carter cd rearranged and pasted in a different order. // 2

Overall Impression: One of the lamest things I've ever heard, I would pay someone to steal it, I would pay them lots and lots. If you enjoy making the pop industry richer, go out and buy this cd aimed at 8 year old girls, if not, go buy some music instead. // 2

A Present For Everyone Reviewed by: Jim Danzig, on may 03, 2004

Sound: Please don't try to fool me that this is punk! This is pop taking the piss! I hate this album and everything about it! I heard in collage when a girl was playing it, wow. I never thought an album and a group could be as bad as this! Busted disrespect everything that is punk. // 2

Lyrics: The lyrics are stupid. It means nothing, and they aren't even good lyrics, they are a poor kids pop band. They "sing" about going to school and doing naughty things. // 2

Overall Impression: I have nothing good to say about them for the simple reason that there is nothing good to say about them. They don't have a good sound, they don't have good lyrics, and they can't play guitar to save their life! I've been into punk since I heard White Trash by NOFX back in 1993, so I know what I'm talking about! // 2

A Present For Everyone Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 03, 2004

Sound: The sound is good for girls aged 5-12, commercially quite good poppy jumping fling your legs, arms and whatever else about in the air type music, not punk or rock at all what are some of you people saying! Very catchy riffs. Not every bodies cup of tea but they are good at what they do. Whether they play their instruments or not is doubtful! // 6

Lyrics: The lyrics are fun. Pathetic little boy fantasies about fancying air hostesses(could be male). Easy to sing along to as they repeat the same things over and over and over again. But for the pop genre it is different and this is why they are so successful in what they have done. // 6

Overall Impression: Didn't really compare to anything else I have heard. Tracks 4,5,6,9 are best songs on the album, catchy jumpy things. They do not actually class themselves as punk or rock by the way! If someone wanted this I would give them the album for free altho a friend copied it *cough* so no I wouldnt buy it. Worth buying if you like this sound of music! // 6

A Present For Everyone Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 28, 2004

Sound: Their sound is verging definatly on pop-rock-punk kinda thing, most probably liked by pop fans more so but generally for a range of audiences. Also to all the people that say Busted can't play their instruments, well you are wrong. I mean they might not be the best but they definatly have talent and have definatly spent loads on lessons and lots of time practising, I mean music is a gift not something that people can just pretend thaey have, or something like that. I have heard them live and they are wiked, not the best but still mind blowing! They also quite recently were on Blue Peter (UK tv show) and demonstrated playing guitars and they definatly can play! // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are extremely catchy and you can be hooked on them in seconds lol. some of the lyrics to the songs are very heart felt and emotional which shows they are not just little boys. If you have listened to the album then you should have payed the band some credit and looked at the inside where it tells you about who wrote the songs. As you would have seen they are all not just written by the band but with help from other people! We should all bow down to James as he has written most of the songs (with help) and some have become some of there best selling songs. Their singing skills aren't exactly unique in any way but they do have skills, they sing in a slight american accent which makes them kind of different for a british band! // 8

Overall Impression: Well where do I start, being a 14 yr old massive Busted fan ofcourse I'm gonna love them to absolute bits but I mean im not opinunated! They all have exstreme but different talent. If my album got lost or stolen I would buy it agen or die on the spot! My favourite tracks are 'She Wants To Be Me', '3am' and 'Can't Break Thru' to name a few! They are not ust here to be loved by every single on the planet but they are here (like many other artists) to show their talent and to make something of it. You can hate them or like them but either way Busted are doing something that nearly every person wants to do because they love to make music. So would you want to be ridiculed about your talent just because you weren't the best, or you just weren't someones cup of tea, would be totaly out of order and you wouldn't like it. So if you do like Busted then you should show it but if you don't fair enough but don't judge them just because of their music, I mean you wouldn't like it I know that, thats damn well true! // 10

A Present For Everyone Reviewed by: busted_rock4va, on august 09, 2004

Sound: The sound is really catchy and lively. When I first heard it I could not stop tapping my foot. The wat the guitars and drums are played really go well together. They have a unique style, which is pop/rock. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are clever yet simple they go well together and are really cool. The lyrics go well with the music. The y are excellent at singing and each voice goes really well with the part they sing. // 10

Overall Impression: Busted are miles better then other albums/artists-they come nowhere near. All the songs are impressive but the one that stands out the most is fake it has clever lyrics and a catchy tune. I love everything-lyrics, tunes, instruments, singing. There is nothing bad about Busted. If it were stolen or lost I would deffo go and buy it again and again. A must for everyone! // 10

A Present For Everyone Reviewed by: Busted Luver, on august 20, 2004

Sound: The music on this album is wicked. Especially Charlie's song - Why. That song is what I would like to call very rocky! The music they have made on this album sounds a lot better than their first album in my opinion. However, there first album has some good tunes on it too! // 10

Lyrics: I love the lyrics to all of Busteds songs. No matter what album or single it is! Not much left to say there really. The choice of words is very good and in this album they have used stronger more mature words and if you read some of the lyrics it's just funny! That just makes me laugh. Wicked choice of words and I love the way James Elliot Bourne (Jimmy B) sings the high parts. I think he has a fantastic voice. // 10

Overall Impression: This album is brill! Like I said, Why is a very good track and She Wants To Be Me. It's all good! I love everything about this album! It's got good sound, brilliant lyrics, it's much louder than the first album and they are fit! But it's the music that counts! If I lost it or something happened I would die, I would beg to have it replaced asap! // 10

A Present For Everyone Reviewed by: tweeniefreak, on october 08, 2004

Sound: Well I would describe the sound as laughable, dont get too excited all you dispisers of busted out there, I actually do like them. Anyway to me the whole idea of the album is to make me laugh. It's great for getting you up in the mourning. It's definalty pop but you can tell that they are influensed by bands like Blink-182 and Sum-41. And pop isn't always bad you know. // 6

Lyrics: The lyrics on most of the songs are pretty average. The best part is how they try and rhyme words that obviously don't. Also I find it quite funny how they play funny noises in the rude parts instead of just missing them out. Peosonally my favourite song is loner in love as the lyrics are so cheesy and strangly rhymed. Also I like better than this as I saw it preformed live and kinda liked it since then. // 8

Overall Impression: Well I like them, but I realise that they are not everybodys cup of tea. Basically of you want a laugh and dont take your music collection to seriously I would go and by the album. I am a bit biased coz I basically like any musig if you can. No seriously it is quite a fun album and if you want a laugh listen to it. // 8

A Present For Everyone Reviewed by: Tomfaik, on january 06, 2006

Sound: Busted are awesome. You Busted haters are just afriad to admit you like them, because of your 'macho-rock image'. Get a life, and respect people who can make money from their music. Oh yeah, the album sound is good, nice contrasting songs- some are upbeat and happy, some are almost tear-inducing. // 9

Lyrics: Lyrics are fun and crazy when they want to be, but in songs that deal with issues that are a bit more serious the lyrics are very moving and make me sing them. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, the album is fun and crazy in all the right places. I give it 4 thumbs up (out of 4). It knows what it wants to be, and it is that. It's a shame they split up, because they were good as a group. I do like fightstar a lot though, so I suppose some good did come of it. I would recommend buying this album, as it contains funny noises and lyrics, deals with serious issues and has funny pictures on the cover. // 9

Comments