The Deeper You Dig review by Butterfingers

• Released: May 29, 2006
Butterfingers: The Deeper You Dig

Dam, this brissy hip-hop band veers all the way from rap to punk rock. When I first heard 'get up outta the dirt' I couldnt get it out of my head for days, it's classic hip-hop, rappin' about "getting up outta the dirt" really. I personaly (you may not agree )think lead vocalist Eddie 'Evil Eddie' Jacobson has a great rapping/rock voice and his lyrics are kickass! This album has taken afew different turns from thier first album 'Breakfast At Fatboy', their song 'Turkey Jurkey' from 'The Deeper You Dig' an instrumental, sounds like a middle eastern cultural song with the use of an accordian, bongos and foriegn woodwind instuments. In a few songs, 'Golden Sushine' and 'Ska Chase' quick changes in beat and sound occur, it suddenly becomes hard rock, System Of A Down sound, but not for long. Not only is this a good band but Eddie Jacobson is not one of those try-hard, black, homie rappers yay!

As I have just said the lyrics are kickass, there's a dam lot of words in every song. Evil Eddie's rhyming is just awesome. I highlight the lyrics in 'Anthem', 'Figjam', 'Get Up Outta The Dirt' and 'Ska Chase'. Not only are his songwriting skills great but his lyrics are really easy to under stand. Yet again veering back to the subject of evil eddie's vocal skills, In the song beautiful music Evil Eddie has a really good singing voice.

I personaly think this shits all over thier first album. Evil Eddie's singing skills have improved a heap since the first album. The band have widened thier range of genre, instruments and singing range. It is a great album I like all of the songs especially 4, 5, 8, 9 and 10. So what the hell are you doing still reading my review get up outta the dirt and go by it now!