El Nervio Del Volcan review by Caifanes

• Released: Jan 1, 1994
Caifanes: El Nervio Del Volcan

This album has a very atmospheric sound, something typical of Caifanes, pop with touches of metal and hard rock as the songs are usually full of small guitar riffs as well as very good basslines, also they use many elements of percussion giving it a touch Latino folklore. They really have a unique style and sound, I totally recommend it to all of you, I bet you will be surprised.

the lyrics in this album are very poetic, I tell you will not understand the meaning of any of the songs until you have analyzed them several times, "Afuera" is about the inner balance that we must have in order to face real life. "Aqui No Es Asi" talks about immigration in general. The album refers to feelings such as fear, self-confidence, personal desires, and at times even death, so here is a somewhat dark atmosphere. Very good performance by Sal Hernndez.

One of the best latin rock albums of all time, I recommend it completely, you will never find a band as original as Caifanes. The best songs on the album are "Afuera" with a catchy riff, a superb chorus and a bridge filled with a legendary solo by Marcovich just left for history. "Here Is Not So" with a very Latin guitar rhythms and catchy, "Until You Stop Breathing" with that beautiful bassline, "Ayer Me Dijo Un Ave", "Avientame" and "Miedo". Every song on the record has its own magic.

benedicto16
    Oh im sorry with "Until You Stop Breathing"... i wanted to say "Hasta Que Dejes De Respirar"