Fashion Nugget review by Cake

• Released: Sep 17, 1996
Cake: Fashion Nugget

Cake is awesome, theres no other way to describe it. Combining funk, and alt rock and trumpets! (Not ska.) I've listened to this cd many times, and I haven't gotten sick of it. And they highlight to me, is their cover of "I Will Survive". They took that song and made it their own, using their own style, and a catchy/awesome bass line, just shows how good they are. one of the most unique bands out their.

Well, if anyone who has listened to Cake before, you will realize that they singer is a very talented song writer, and he has never written anything I would call Cliche. Yet, he doesn't have the most talented singing voice (or at least he doesnt show it) he sing in a pretty monotone voice, to almost a comical extenet, but with the blend of that and the music, it sounds awesome.

If you like Pavement, Primus, you will enjoy cake. They have some other cds: Prolonging The Magic, Comfort Eagle, Motorcade Of Generosity and their newest release (Oct 5, 2004) Pressure Chief. If I lost this cd, I would def buy it again.