15 Year Killing Spree [Box Set] review by Cannibal Corpse

• Released: Nov 4, 2003
Cannibal Corpse: 15 Year Killing Spree [Box Set]

Cannibal Corpse is a very insane death metal band. Very brutal, very violent. It's like listening to a sickening horror movie. The cd is raw, but at the same time it was meant to be, so it works. 15 Year Killing Spree is a box set with two greatest hit volumes and an unreleased disc with their demo cds on. It even includes their very first demo before cannibal corpse started their low gutteral growls in their music. It also includes a DVD with three shows and a recording session on it. As the title suggests Cannibal Corpse put this box set out after fifteen years of their violent gore infested music. I give this band (and album) a ten out of ten for being so damn good. Their guitarists are completely amazing, and their bassist is a god. The "Corpsegrinder" is a very inspiring vocalist, and the drumming is furocious.

All of the lyrics on this album are already on their other albums, so I'm not going to get into each and every song. This box set shows that over fifteen years they can keep writing sickening songs and keep the gorefest alive. The Corpsegrinder has always inspired me as a vocalist. His low gutteral growls are just so fucking insane. I'll also admit their old vocalist was just as good though. The lyrics are full of violence (and at times can be very grotesque) but they have a very unique writing style through it all. It flows very well.

In my opinion there is no camparison to Cannibal Corpse. My favorite songs out from these cds are "Skull Full Of Maggots," "Hammer Smashed Face," "The Pick-Axe Murders," "Stripped, Raped, and Strangled," "Zero The Hero," "Devoured By Vermin," "I Will Kill You," "The Spine-Splitter," "Pounded Into Dust" and "Scattered Remains, Splattered Brains." I know that's a lot, but there are a hell of a lot of good songs in this box set (and it contains a hell of a lot more). The only songs I can't stand are "Addicted To Vaginal Skin" and "I Cum Blood" But I'll admit the names made me sort of biased. Other than that the whole things is really just horrific (in a good sense.) If it was stolen it would be hard to say if I'd buy it again. I spent 60 dollars on it the first time around, and me being a teenager with no job, it's sort of hard to come buy that kind of money without wanting other albums first. The box set also came with a guitar pick, a poster, a comic book, and a book that has the bands biography and song information with.

Man-bitch
    It's gruesome, and I for one mean in the bad way. It don't know if the lyrics are just written to increase to gore-factor or if the "vocalist" actually means the words he "sings". Gruesome, terrible, bad, horrid.
    fukkindoyle
    i find it really funny how on a guitar site you people talk about vocals more than anything else, and lyrics. and to the kid who said the guitar is easy, and SINGLE notes for that matter, are you f'ing retarded? i'd pay a buck to see you play ONE of their solos, because you obviously have never heard one... and if you have, and you just said the guitar is easy, i think you should go do every guitarist a favour and just kill yourself. and for the love of god stop saying all it is is noise. if it's all just noise, how come they're completely famous, and you're entering hate into this blog? seriously boys, lets see you get further huh?
    koreanhitokori
    let me make something clear I try new music really I also like some mainstream but death metal?! yuck.... especially cannibal corpse, i mean I agree with covin, ktmb and 4satin say that these guys are sick and in the bad way I like the occasional violence but this is overdoing it seriously
    mchugh92
    umm i dont wanna start an argument but when it comes to guitar technique trivium own children of bodom, come to think of it theyre better song-writers as well, but on-topic those bands arent trendy in a typical way, its just the fact that a bunch of posers all of a sudden love them, they never actually set out to becomes trends like most of those emo bands like MCR and FOB, but on-topic CC are ****ing awesome band with amazing guitar riffs and solos and adam webster is one of the best metal bassists out there and only one person could top him and that is cliff burton
    DarthKarth
    Gopher636 wrote: and besides, most trendy 'metal' (notice the quote things) is slipknot, trivium, bullet for my valentine and children of bodom.
    yeah, every one of those bands suck except for children of bodom. they actually have some ****in talent. if you saw chaos ridden years, you wouldn't say anything about them.
    DarthKarth
    Kronan
    fukkindoyle wrote: i think you should go do every guitarist a favour and just kill yourself.
    haha, and Corpsegrinder could write a song about it. i love CC. i wanna buy this set.
    Gopher636
    4satin wrote: i'm completely open-minded to music. i listen to different styles. but it seems Cannibal Corpse's music is all for the sake of being "sick". the lyrics don't bother me at all for the gore and violence, but its pretty ridiculous they can't break any new grounds besides singing about skull****ing, etc. so many other great metal bands out there that people could even bother to check out then stick to trends.
    you have a fair point, but its just what they want to do. like how Nile sings about ancient egyptian stuff, it can get old trying to pronounce some of the song titles, but the music is still awesome. and besides, most trendy 'metal' (notice the quote things) is slipknot, trivium, bullet for my valentine and children of bodom.
    4satin
    theguitarist
    Spam Check. I'm fed up with the stereotypical flaming going on in here. No flaming or it's a warning. And stay on friggin topic.
    [.Malice.]
    Their entire existence is supposed to be one huge shock. But it's a shock that gets old, just like their entire band. The shock's worn off, the novelty of the "zbsdkfakfjbsdf" vocals have worn off, the trend of the smash-at-your-instruments delivery is wearing down, and where is Cannibal Corpse? Releasing a box set... I like me some intense metal. But Cannibal Corpse has all the intensity of a really loud deaf guy with a hoarse throat and a drumset. It's noisy and in-your-face, but there's nothing really to it. Ah, well. To each his own.
    ST-XeMo
    are you a bunch of pussy or what? cannibal corpse is FUCKING insane
    psilocyndreams2
    the lyrics are sickening, but who cares? the music is badass and you cant understand what he says anyways.
    It_Dies_Today
    lmao, personally i dont like cannibals corpse that much, ill have the occasional listen but thats it. but the rest of my band and i look up the lyrics to cannibals corpse songs and laugh to them all the time the ****ing halairious i love it.
    The Nameless666
    4satin : Who would actually play that much money for this shitty band?
    i would, and same with anyone else who would listen to them beofre calling them shit and are open minded enough to appreciate different styles of music.
    kurtmb
    CreepyGuy is that the best you can come up with? " your face is meaningless trash", come on you ****ing piece of shit, how old are you, 5?, if that. Otherwise, I agree with what Covin says, the artists themselves might be good and talented, but the lyrics and song titles are disgusting. There's something wrong with you if you're a human being coming up with shit like that and thinking its funny.
    CreepyGuy
    Your face is meaningless trash.. but cannibal corpse is awesome.. and so is this box set.. if you like their music you sould really buy it..
    Covin
    Disgusting. I read an interview with one of the member's some time ago, and they were talking about how their music is "funny." I think anybody who has that kind of sense of humor is the kind of person I want living on the other side of town. Some of the music is decent, but seriously, "I cum Blood," "Fucked with a Knife," "Hammer-Smashed Face"... The visuals I get just thinking about those song *titles* are disgusting, let alone what the lyrics probably are. There are tons of different kinds of art. But to be gruesome for the sake of being gruesome and proud of ...that's an image, a trend, not an art. If you're going to be gruesome, at least have some kind point, some validity, a *reason*. Otherwise, it's meaningless trash.
    Bu||eT
    Cannibal Corpse is awesome. Fucked With A Knife She Was Asking For It. Love those songs. Cool to play too.
    stoltobot
    The Bleeding is a 90's metal classic. Any guitarist who knocks the Corpse obviously does not have enough the refined ear or sense of humour to appreciate it.
    SUICIDEXX666
    some mofo said that cannibal suck and they listen to six feet under i reall don't know what to say but they need to get this and listen to barnes early work