15 Year Killing Spree [Box Set] Review

Cannibal Corpse: 15 Year Killing Spree [Box Set]
Release Date: Nov 4, 2003
Label: Metal Blade
Genres: Death Metal/Black Metal, Heavy Metal
After years of arguing, promising, bitching, and the bandmembers probably spewing blood and excrement on one another, Cannibal Corpse's obsessively packaged box set is here. This box set encapsulates the bands first fifteen years and includes not only the band's hand picked "Best Of," but historical gems long sought after on the bootleg circuit.
 8.4
 9.7
review (1) 26 comments vote for this album:
15 Year Killing Spree [Box Set] Reviewed by: godrestthyweary, on june 01, 2006

Sound: Cannibal Corpse is a very insane death metal band. Very brutal, very violent. It's like listening to a sickening horror movie. The cd is raw, but at the same time it was meant to be, so it works. 15 Year Killing Spree is a box set with two greatest hit volumes and an unreleased disc with their demo cds on. It even includes their very first demo before cannibal corpse started their low gutteral growls in their music. It also includes a DVD with three shows and a recording session on it. As the title suggests Cannibal Corpse put this box set out after fifteen years of their violent gore infested music. I give this band (and album) a ten out of ten for being so damn good. Their guitarists are completely amazing, and their bassist is a god. The "Corpsegrinder" is a very inspiring vocalist, and the drumming is furocious. // 10

Lyrics: All of the lyrics on this album are already on their other albums, so I'm not going to get into each and every song. This box set shows that over fifteen years they can keep writing sickening songs and keep the gorefest alive. The Corpsegrinder has always inspired me as a vocalist. His low gutteral growls are just so fucking insane. I'll also admit their old vocalist was just as good though. The lyrics are full of violence (and at times can be very grotesque) but they have a very unique writing style through it all. It flows very well. // 9

Overall Impression: In my opinion there is no camparison to Cannibal Corpse. My favorite songs out from these cds are "Skull Full Of Maggots," "Hammer Smashed Face," "The Pick-Axe Murders," "Stripped, Raped, and Strangled," "Zero The Hero," "Devoured By Vermin," "I Will Kill You," "The Spine-Splitter," "Pounded Into Dust" and "Scattered Remains, Splattered Brains." I know that's a lot, but there are a hell of a lot of good songs in this box set (and it contains a hell of a lot more). The only songs I can't stand are "Addicted To Vaginal Skin" and "I Cum Blood" But I'll admit the names made me sort of biased. Other than that the whole things is really just horrific (in a good sense.) If it was stolen it would be hard to say if I'd buy it again. I spent 60 dollars on it the first time around, and me being a teenager with no job, it's sort of hard to come buy that kind of money without wanting other albums first. The box set also came with a guitar pick, a poster, a comic book, and a book that has the bands biography and song information with. // 10

Comments