Eaten Back To Life review by Cannibal Corpse

• Released: Jan 1, 1990
Cannibal Corpse: Eaten Back To Life

As most of you big Death Metal fans know, this is the first CC Album made. It has the starting career of Death Gutteral Devil Chris Barnes along with Alex Webster and Paul Mazurkiewicz. Knowing that this album was the first and made back in 1990, you can expect that kinda drowned out sound, which is to be expected. But, compared to later albums, the volume on this CD is a little low, meaning, when I have my headphones on, I keep trying to turn up the volume but it's already as loud as it can go. But I really like this album because it shows more Thrash Metal influence than all the other albums.

The one word that comes to mind when I think of the lyrics, is hysterical. You can't really (that's an understatement) understand what Chris Barnes is saying at all, but going to look at the lyrics, I almost fell out of my chair laughing! The lyrics are so gross and stupid they're funny! Chris has a perfect gutteral in this album, cept I wish he was a bit more audible.

Compared to other early CC albums, it's good, they sound the same to me cept with better sound quality. Also, in this album, it almost sounds the same each song I go too on this album. it's a good thing I like my Metal Fast and heavy cause that's what every song is. But you get the classic songs A Skull Full of Maggots and Scattered Remains, Splattered Brains and Buried in a Casket and hell, every song on this album is a classic Death Metal song! Which makes it so worth buying! It's definite Headbanging material and a must buy for hardcore Death Metal fans!

mchugh92
    i think i remember reading somewhere that CC treat their supporting bands like shit not "the nicest guys in the world" if they do that are they?
    caldrak
    this was the 1st death metal CD and band i ever listened to and now i can never get ther stuff out of ma head the best is wen i played it 4 ma cousin, she nearly had a heart attack wen she heard them she sed that ther so bad they shud b banned lol stupid idiot lol
    vampyre-rock
    these guys aren't sick. Death Metal is entertainment... like horror movies/comics (which i also love)
    Tad_Eats_People
    This is the only Cannibal Corpse CD I can't bear to part with. Their others are good but I think this is their best. I love the classic death metal sound of this.