Kill review by Cannibal Corpse

• Released: Mar 21, 2006
Cannibal Corpse: Kill

This album seriously blew me away. This band has much talent and I think they really showed it in this album. The riffs were mind blowing and each time I heard them solo or squeal, I smiled to myself. Cannibal Corpse has many albums and in my opinion this one was the best. After listening to all their older stuff, nothing compared to Kill. Paul Mazurkiewicz does an awesome job on the drums as well, he synchronizes everything perfectly with the guitars. The guitars are crazy and I liked the parts where sweep-picking was involved, the drums also have a good sound to them.

To be truthful, I don't really listen to the lyrics, George Fisher has amazing death metal vocals though. That adds intensity to the music and makes it all that much better. Cannibal Corpse was always based around morbid and brutal lyrics, and their lyrics in this album went well with the music they produced. At times I listen to death metal not just for the lyrics, but for their skills at guitar and drums, I don't care how good or crappy their lyrics or singer is.

When I look at death metal all by itself, there is some bands here and there that stick out, but Cannibal Corpse is one of those bands that never go unnoticed, whether people love them or not. They are the official pioneers of death metal. The most impressive songs on this album to me have got to be "Make Them Suffer", "Death Walking Terror", and "The Time To Kill Is Now" The thing I liked about Make Them Suffer was the chorus part and how it just kicked in to it, it's real head-banging material. I loved the solo even though it was short. "Death Walking Terror" starts with a slow, heavy riff but does not lack in brutality, which is one thing I love. "The Time To Kill Is Now" has got to be my personal favorite. George just starts one of his famous yells and it ties all the music and everything together. The thing that made this my favorite song was all the squealing involved (it all starts around 1:19 into the song). By the way, if this album got lost, I'd probably buy 2 more, no matter what kind of looks I get. That's how good I think it is.

Jeff Manthei
    [quote]TheRattlenake wrote: Dude, If a band like cannibal corpse is not in it for the money then what are they in it for? They obviously arent trying to get any type of point across and its not like Im just bashing them without listening to them either I listened to as much as I could take. Every band should have a point to get across through their music like punk rock bands like anti-flag are against the Us governement and war and such so they tell kids through music, theres alot of shit emo bands in my opinion but the real ones express their feelings about relationships and things realted to that.Dont get me wrong, cannibal corpse play very fast guitar parts but you HAVE to recognize the stupidity of the lyrics, and what chance have they ever had to sell out? you thnk MTV are making them offers?NO, and I do hate sell out bands also and I do hate MTV,MTV ruined music. As you can see I suck at putting my thoughts into writing.[/quote Wouldn't Cannibal Corpse's point be that they like Horror movies and love heavy music so they are going to fuse them together and add extra gore?
    The_Logan
    I was just reading random articles and figured I'd see some good arguments on a band like this so I clicked it. Everyone knows arguing is fun. Anyway my opinion on Cannibal Corpse is that they're very good musicians but not exceptional and as good as some of you fans are claiming they are, while they're also not as bad as other people here are claiming. (Don't say I haven't listened to them, and don't say I don't like metal. I have and I can think of better metal bands, by far) So music wise I think they're pretty good. I've seen better but they're good. Lyrics can be summed up in one word: Talentless. Anyone with any understanding of grotesqueness, callousness and gore can write them. The lyrics also most likely mean nothing to the band, especially since I know at least one of the members is vegan. Brutality and PETA just kind've clash, don't they? Lyrics should mean something, if they're brutal but have deep underlying meaning, fine. It's just another way to portray it, but find me the underlying meaning in: "The greatest joy in all my life, is slitting my cock with a knife" Where's the talent? It's lacking. So yeah, that's what I think of them.
    smithfor ak0
    I get the first post of 2007 lol. I love kill... it's their best ( i have the entire catalog) and its their best. Corpsegrinder sings rythmicly on the songs and it sounds awesome. Anwyays check it out. \m/
    Kiotaka
    Great CD. And guys seriously, if you don't like the band quit coming to these forums. People arn't gonna listen to your opinion if you are prejudice against the band.