Kill review by Cannibal Corpse

• Released: Mar 21, 2006
Cannibal Corpse: Kill

these guy are probly one of my fav bands next to pantera, slayer, death, and venom. their sound on this album is like running into a brick wall, it's just so solid. the guitars in this are as heavy as a dumptruck full of fat people's crap, and at some points can sound super crazy (listen to maniacle). the lyrics are still full of violence, torture, and death. I listen to everything, even hank williams (40's country). the only crap I don't listen to is new rap, new rock, or new country (I hate new things, born in the wrong time). I'm only 12 but I'm still not falling for all these gay new trends, and these guys prove it. these guy will always be one of musics most influential, and controversial bands ever.

The lyrics. The only way I can describe these lyrics is by saying brutal, violent, and gore. The corpsegrinder is still laying out those screams, and the rest of the band is still writing amazing stuff involving war, torture, and being submerged in boiling flesh. The lyrics flow perfectly with the music. The lyrics are a little clearer and easier to understand. When you read the lyrics, especially on 5 nails through the neck, it's almost like reading a story.

This album kicks ass, and is the bands second best album, next to evisceration plague. my fav songs have to be submerged in boiling flesh, brain removal device, maniacle, and make them suffer. There's nothing to hate about this album at all.

MetalStorm93
    i may go pick this album up even though i am not a cc fan. hammer smashed face is an undeniable song though....
    blottoo
    it was an ok album i guess, but CC's day has come and passed. definantlty not a 9.3 though, CC gets credit just for being CC now. They made some masterpieces of the genre, but with a different line up, over ten years ago.
    guitarfreak222
    The_Logan wrote: I was just reading random articles and figured I'd see some good arguments on a band like this so I clicked it. Everyone knows arguing is fun. Anyway my opinion on Cannibal Corpse is that they're very good musicians but not exceptional and as good as some of you fans are claiming they are, while they're also not as bad as other people here are claiming. (Don't say I haven't listened to them, and don't say I don't like metal. I have and I can think of better metal bands, by far) So music wise I think they're pretty good. I've seen better but they're good. Lyrics can be summed up in one word: Talentless. Anyone with any understanding of grotesqueness, callousness and gore can write them. The lyrics also most likely mean nothing to the band, especially since I know at least one of the members is vegan. Brutality and PETA just kind've clash, don't they? Lyrics should mean something, if they're brutal but have deep underlying meaning, fine. It's just another way to portray it, but find me the underlying meaning in: "The greatest joy in all my life, is slitting my cock with a knife" Where's the talent? It's lacking. So yeah, that's what I think of them.
    I really like Cannibal Corpse, but I can also agree to your statement. There are bands much better than these guys. I also agree to the fact that the lyrics are lacking in meaning but if you think about it, most death metal songs are about blood, death, gore and killing fantasies (which I really do not fancy), however you really cant understand what the singer is saying.... These guys are pretty talented musicians but yes the lyrics are ridiculous but that's death metal for you.