Torture review by Cannibal Corpse

• Released: Mar 13, 2012
Cannibal Corpse: Torture

Cannibal Corpse show no sign of slowing down. "Torture" captures some of the band's finest moments creatively. The drums are very solid, and the bass cuts through well, such as in "Encased In Concrete", "Rabid", and "Torn Through". The guitar work is also very impressive, but there is no really stand out guitar riffs in my opinion. Pat also has some really creative guitar solos, as in "Scourge Of Iron".

George Fisher does a fantastic job with the vocals. While his high screams aren't as good as they were, his growls are showing no sign of weakening. He also does some of the fastest vocals I have ever heard him do, such as in "Demented Aggression" and "Encased In Concrete". No complaints here.

Overall, this is one of my favorite Cannibal Corpse albums. It combines "Kill"'s intensity with "Evisceration Plague"'s slow tempos and grooves. The most impressive songs would be "Scourge Of Iron", "As Deep As The Knife Will Go", "Crucifer Avenged", and "Encased In Concrete". I also really like Paul's performance on the album. He really outdoes himself in songs like "Demented Aggression", and "As Deep As The Knife Will Go". If this album was stolen, I would hunt the person down and get some ideas from the lyrics, or just go buy another one.