Where The Corpses Sink Forever review by Carach Angren

• Released: May 18, 2012
  • Users' score: 9 (1 vote)
Carach Angren: Where The Corpses Sink Forever

Carach Angren play a variation of "symphonic black metal" that I have never heard anything like before. They introduce violins, keyboards and so much more to some fantastic black metal vocals, giving at some points creepy other times out right f--king terrifying other times bombastic sound. I cannot stress how much I love this albums extremely creepy feel, which is sure to leave you wanting more. No matter how many times I listen to this album it always feel fresh and new. I believe the best way to listen to this CD is in a dark room late at night, your eyes closed and with headphones.

The lyrics of this album are f--king perfect. They all centre around war, since it has a flowing narrative about just that. There are 9 tracks on the CD, 1 intro, 1 outro and 7 actual songs. During the intro you hear a recording of a soldier who has been ordered to execute 7 men chained to a stake in a field. When the soldier pulls the trigger on these men it seemed as if the bullets couldn't reach them. Eventually the 7 men posses the soldier, showing him 7 horrors of war. This is what the majority of the album consists of, other than the intro and outro. Soldier.

My 2 favourite songs from this album are "Bitte Ttet Mich" which from memory I think translates to 'please kill me' in I believe German, but I'm not sure, and "Spectral Infantry Battalions". "Bitte Ttet Mich" follows a suicidal soldier during World War 2. And "Spectral Infantry Battalions" is about a platoon of ghosts that still roam the fields they once fought in, sadly this is the shortest song on the album other than the intro but is still in my opinion the best track. I love everything about this album, there is no flaw I can find in it. I do not exaggerate when I say this is a perfect album. PLEASE BUY THIS ALBUM!

YouTube preview picture