Abraxas review by Carlos Santana

Carlos Santana: Abraxas

Santana: Abraxas is probably one of the best fusion-jazz records ever produced. This is one of the first recording by the Santana band, and in my opinion, the best. It has a great jazz/latin sound with catchy rock riffs and a smooth, beautiful guitar tone throughout the CD performed by Carlos Santana. Another aspect of the CD that sticks out to me is the percussion. There are many bongo drum parts put on this record, and it is really great. This record is full of great jazz/latin/rock tunes with absolutely amazing guitar work and amazingly written songs.

There are very few lyrics on this CD, most of the CD is instrumental, and even if there are lyrics, they are in latin, which I find very unique. This type of music doesn't really need lyrics to get it's point across, so I don't really mind the lack of lyrics. The only song that has alot of singing is "Hope You're Feeling Better," which is probably the "poppiest" song on the record. The lyrics are nothing special, but then again, when have pop songs ever had special lyrics? Overall I'd give the lyrics a 10 because the Santana band can show that a record doesn't lyrics to make it special.

Like I said before, this is one of the best fusion-jazz records ever. Actually, this is one of the best records ever. It features famous Santana songs like "Black Magic Woman" and Oye Como Va, it has jazzy tunes like "Incident At Neshabur" and "Se A Cabo," soft, slow, beautifully written songs like "Samba Pa Ti" and great rock songs like "Hope You're Feeling Better" and "Mother's Daughter." So if you are looking for a rock/jazz masterpiece with amazing guitar work and beautifully written songs, then you must get Abraxas by Santana.

Oliver_White3
    Buy the vinyl, I own a copy; you will not regret it. The sound quality is far superior to mp3, allowing this beautiful album to be heard in its amazing entirety!