All That I Am review by Carlos Santana

• Released: Nov 1, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
Carlos Santana: All That I Am

Santana, coming back after his ultimate album Supernatural failed to impress with his new album All That I Am. With all the starpower etc. Santana managed to get only one hit single by the name of Just feel better. Apart from about 2 or 3 tracks, this album was quite useless. The biggest disappointment for me was, Trinity, the one with Kirk Hammett of Metallica and Santana. I hoped it would've been more like a duel between the two maestros but instead one guy was playing chords on acousic in the background while the other played some moderate solos. Anyway, on the whole I think it was the sound that saved the album.

OK/decent lyrics for this album. Nothing close to some lyrics in his previous album. I mean there was not a single track that made a lasting impact on you apart from maybe Just feel better. That had the trademark of Steve Tyler on it! But apart from that, there was almost nothing in this album as far as lyrics are concerned. I am not a pop lover so maybe that's the reason I didn't like this album, but come on I mean in Supernatural, he teamed up with Everlast for what was one of my favourite songs of Santana, Put Your Lights On!

It is no comparison to Supernatural, it has a few decent tracks but apart from that it is a useless buy and a waste of money. If you were to ask me I'd say buy Supernatural instead, If you really want to listen to thisalbum beleive me don't waste your money in buying the album, borrow it from your friend, or something. If I somehow lost this album I wouldn't miss it one bit. Yet, some artists will come and go but Santana will remain. I think only the names like Santana, Tyler, Kirk etc. saved this album's ass.

X-Boy
    Maybe this is all that he is..... but, seriously why does he need to collaborate so much ?
    spinningobo
    yeah, i agree. it was a pretty disappointing album for santana. but my only question is why are you comparing it to supernatural? that came out in 1999, shaman came out in '02, and in my opinion, that album was also really good.
    Kingofself
    I was disappointed to see that Trinity was a rip off of the music made by the late south asian artist Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan.
    Nelshizzle
    I thought it was a good album. I enjoy the song with Sean Paul and Joss Stone a lot. I am also a big fan of Anthony Hamilton so that song was cool for me.
    vampwizzard
    man.. the one with michelle branch was good, the rest of the album is alright.. its just pop. You kinda hit it hard there
    epi-g-400-goth
    if im am not being retarded i do beleive that the song he did with michelle branch was on his OTHER album...supernatural i think it was!!
    epi-g-400-goth
    if im being retarded i do beleive that the song with michelle branch was on his other album...supernatural i think it was!!
    Chokes26
    i personally didnt think the album was too bad, the Song with the Los Lonely Boys was good as well as the one with Michelle Branch.
    Wounded Hamster
    Your ratings seem a bit high for what you said about it. 8/10 sound? 6/10 for the others? Surely it should be around 4/10 each, going by your words.
    fingersofflame
    yeah i would have to agree...hammet is metal and santana is totally different, so for them to play together would obviously sound weird...it would be like trying to put gold rims on a ford pinto...
    cloud_x_13
    In the end what do you expect, Kirk Hammett is metal Carlos Santana is a latin rock. Its like that one song he did with POD a while back, he just didnt fit.
    METSOAD
    If you have forgotten, Kirk was in a 'i dont want to show off and do wanky solo's' kind of mood so there wont have been any shredfests involved there
    ASIsustainiac06
    correction: kirk and carlos were both playing electric in "Trinity". They traded off solos(agreed, not very awe-inspiring though). The solo with the Wah in it was Kirk Hammett. And the acoustic in the background was Robert Rudolph.