All That I Am review by Carlos Santana

• Released: Nov 1, 2005
Carlos Santana: All That I Am

First of all, since I am latin, hearing the latin influences in the songs are awesome to me. I love the way Carlos mixes latin with rock and blues, however I was not feeling the two or three songs with rappers saying sumthing about Carlos Santana. I love his music and I love rap music but the two shouldnt mix as often as on this record. But the overall sound of Carlos' Paul Reed Smith guitar with the drums and the beats are awesome dude.

The lyrics are like most bands, not very meanngful. However the lrics in Just Feel Better, I'm Feeling You, I Am Somebody, and El Fuego are amazing. The lyrics and the music generally go well together, they stay on beat and on pace.

This album is not as good as Shaman & Supernatural so it's a little disapointing, but its pretty good. I love the guitar and the latin feel to El Fuego and Con Santana. I also liked the modern rock sound and the guitar in Just Feel Better. I am Somebody is also a great song, I loved it. So anyway it's worth paying money for, definetely go out and buy it if you're a fan of Santana, latino, rock, blues, or even hip hop/pop kinda party music.

Buck37h34d
    Santana is really a very melodic player but all he does on Supernatural, Shaman, and All That I am is sit around with his PRS and shove as many solo phrases into every little break as he possibly can. I think there are definitely some decent tracks but Santana has got to learn when to play and when to take a break.