Until I Feel Nothing review by Carnifex

• Released: Oct 24, 2011
Carnifex: Until I Feel Nothing

Carnifex is a Deathcore band from San Diego. They are actually a little more death than deathcore. There are breakdowns and everything that goes with a Deathcore band. This album was produced by Tim Lambesis from As I Lay Dying at his studio. I think this a very good mix of straight ahead death metal and Deathcore. This genre and styles like it are extremely popular and finding the real talent is getting harder. I think these guys do it really well.

This is section is the reason that I think Carnifex are a little more death metal. The intro is called "Deathwish" and with song titles like "Dead But Dreaming", "Dehumanize", and "Wretched Entropy", Carnifex score major points for cool death metal song titles. The very first thing Scott Lewis screams is... "F**k The World!" And from there it never let's up. Here are some lyrics from "Dead But Dreaming": "So who's to say can't die in our dreams? Sometimes dark but always bitter and bleak". Also some pretty killer lyrics on "Creation Defaced": "I will drink your blood and never look back. I'll let you rot in hell and rip your Heart in half." That is awesomely brutal. And Scott delivers these lyrics better than most so-called death metal singers. They definitely are Deathcore but they are more death than core. A lot of people don't like these guys but I think the musicianship is excellent and the vocals are brutal.

There are tons of metalcore/deathcore acts out there right now, and these guys are not re inventing the wheel, but as far as the genre goes, these guys are doing exactly what they should be doing. Playing heavy music and writing extreme lyrics with a nice production from one of metalcore's heavy hitters, Tim Lambesis. I like every song on this album. I also like Deathcore. I am sure there will be some little tweener out there that is gonna bash this music or my review. That's cool. I have been listening to and playing death metal for 20 years. I have it all from Cannibal Corpse to Burzum, to Cradle Of Filth. For this genre, these guys reign supreme!

Zan595
    jtallen0496 wrote: Dude, I'm really getting sick of your ****ing useless comments. You obviously cannot see good music when it is thrown at you. Carnifex is some hard-ass metal, and they are very talented. so why don't you stop being such a jerk and go **** yoursef and your winpy epiphone explorer.
    He was just saying that Carnifex isn't "Blackened Death Metal". Calm your tits.
    chrisvasco23
    jtallen0496
    chrisvasco23 wrote: jtallen0496 wrote: EpiExplorer wrote: Blackened death metal, dafuq? Dude, I'm really getting sick of your ****ing useless comments. You obviously cannot see good music when it is thrown at you. Carnifex is some hard-ass metal, and they are very talented. so why don't you stop being such a jerk and go **** yoursef and your winpy epiphone explorer. wow.. i dont think he said anything negative about the band.. you mad brah? i agree this isnt blackened death metal. its about 1/3 death metal and 2/3 (fill in the blank)core. im honestly not a fan of the band, i tried listening and didnt get it at all. btw epiphone explorers are awesome
    \ sorry guys. didn't mean to go all bitch mode on you all. i was just having a bad day. i get a little crazy sometimes
    jtallen0496
    EpiExplorer wrote: Blackened death metal, dafuq?