Isolation review by Carpathian

• Released: Aug 2, 2008
Carpathian: Isolation

The first thing you notice when you listen to this album is Difference. Difference that left a lot fans asking questions like, "Where did the breakdowns go?, Where did they throaty growls go?". To these fans, Carpathian may now seem 'bad'; though in reality, Isolation is one of the most powerful well written hardcore releases of 2008. Marty (vocalist) has found a very different style to his usual growls, that can only be described as hardcore or punk yelling. Combining Martys new vocal technique, and the new punk influenced line up, you get yourself a great hardcore/punk album.

A very dark, smothering vibe hangs over the lyrical aspect of this album. With a lot of singing about the dark and the cold.'Sun Heights' contains a vocal line that is sure to send most pits crazy around Australia "On my own against the world, and I never felt so f--king cold. The track named 'Seventyk' is solely about the days of graffiti, when he moved around with his crew defacing property.

Listening to Isolation, you are extremely hard pressed to find a sub-par track, this band has evolved out of sight of what they used to be. Carpathian have created an unforgettable hardcore/punk record. If I lost this album, not only would I be devastated, but I would go out and buy it again. The most impressive songs on this album: Isolation, Insomnia, Sun Heights.

Zao_89
    One of my favourite 2008 releases. I loved the old stuff, but Isolation is SOOOOO much better.
    Cam Dude
    bunterrr wrote: correction. Marty did vocals on the self titled EP. then, a guitarist left, Marty moved to guitar and Michael Crafter (of IKTPQ, Jungle Fever, Shotpointblank and currently Confession) became vocalist. The band released nothing to Lose, the album, and then crafter left. for a short time, marty was going to fill in as vocalist and the band would find a new vocalist. but instead, they found another guitarist, and marty moved to vocalist for Isolation. how the album is... I WOULDN'T KNOW havnt got it.
    I believe you have got your facts wrong. Crafter came in BRIEFLY after 'Nothing to Lose' was released and left within a few months. He did not feature on any songs Carpathian released at all. However, Marty did move to guitar while Crafter was in the band. Isolation is an awesome album by the way.
    Boarwrestler
    They must have realised that almost everyone does breakdowns in like ALL their songs these days. They somewhat lose their power when they're overdone imo, so good on Carp for trying something different. Anyways just listening to the album for the first time now, so far so good.
    WILL MURRAY
    RoxyDub wrote: breakdowns make songs dude.
    Breakdowns are cool, but they do not make songs.
    RoxyDub
    breakdowns make songs dude. also, this album is great, but 'Sundowning' by This Is Hell shits ALL over it. seriously. get involved
    NickleBoy525
    finally someone sees teh genius in the album its the best piece of work ever created i love it
    filthylittleboy
    they must have discovered how lame breakdowns were or something :s :p just ball busting, you guys are gonna listen to 'em whether I think breakdowns are lame, or not
    WILL MURRAY
    Cam Dude is correct, Crafter is not part of any Carpathian releases. Though he was briefly in the band.
    WILL MURRAY
    It really is a great album, I am seeing them in 2 days with comeback kid and verse.
    bunterrr
    Mr.Lee
    an extremely awesome band, there old stuff is great, but even though theyve changed a fair bit, still a bloody good album. so jealous i cant get to the boys of summer tour. spirals sun heights and even though originally from the wrecked ep, a damn good version of ceremony.
    planktonfighter
    It good you's can appreciate a new bands direction instead of saying they've sold out etc like most people seem to do. If the albums good, it's good full stop, no matter what genre the band has evolved into.
    ltho9239
    my god this album rocks. i saw them a few months ago at the annandale and they are such an amazing band. this album gets me through the train trips everyday without murdering anyone haha