Chroma review by Cartel

• Released: Sep 20, 2005
Cartel: Chroma

I like the sound of this album. It all blends together really well. As a first, it's put together great. They were great live too, I think one of the best in the concert. I'm listening to them right now, actually, and I can't find anything wrong with the sound. They're all really good, I don't know what to say about it.

The lyics are pretty good, but I think they're too much like other songs. I'm sure, now that there are so many songs, that they're going to sound like at least one of them. I think they listen to Yellowcard or maybe something like that. Their guitar sounds like Yellowcard's violin once or twice and "Burn This City" sounds like "Ocean Avenue" and things like that. Oh well, they're good, but I don't think they quite deserve a 10.

I think Cartel is an awesome group. I love the music and everything else about it. I think "Q" and "A" are my favorites on the album. I dunno, I just like them. Also "The Minstrel's Prayer," "Burn This City," "Say Anything (Else)" and "Luckie St." It's pretty cool that they start off the album with a record starting to play and then they end the album with the record being taken off the player. Pretty cool, I'll give it a 9.

PunkRawkFreak
    This is the best album I've heard this year. I'm a bit late in buying it but still justified in saying it. The lead singer in my opinion, has by far, the best recorded singing voice out there. This album is really a credit to not such a well known band, and I hope that when they become successful that people aren't going to jump on the bandwagon and bag them to hell and back. Just like everyone did to Fall out boy. I hate it...