Chroma review by Cartel

• Released: Sep 20, 2005
Cartel: Chroma

The sound is definitely a pop punk thing. If you are looking for intricate, complex, and very technical music look somewhere else, this is just fun to listen too. Even though the music isnt complicated it's not simple enough to be boring. It has what I call the travis barker quality to it. They do a good job at making the simple things sound really good. They make simple power chords sound good, and put in sweet riffs to sprinkle it. I really like it. And if the single honestly and say anything else turned you off try again, I think the rest of the album sounds different.

The lyrics are similar to the music. Nothing is so complicated you can't come up with a meaning, but it's not simple enough to say that it's stupid. I think it sits on that very fine and hard to hit line. The lyrics aren't very complicated but they get the point across. The singer is talented and has a distinctive voice that goes well with the music.

For some reason some of the songs on this CD make me think of Lone Oak Corral by Say No More, especially luckie st. I've heard some people say that the music is a good but repetitive, which is a little true. But if you like the music then I'm not complaining when I get more music that sounds similar. -If it were stolen/lost, would you buy it again or get something else? interesting question. I would buy it again, it's a pop punk CD that I really enjoy.