Sounds Of Salvation review by Cassino

• Released: Mar 29, 2007
Cassino: Sounds Of Salvation

As the album name states Sounds Of Salvation relieves Cassino of the bastille of a full band and gives Nick Torres and Tyler Odom the ability to branch into a completely new sound and style. Most of the tracks carry an extremely poppy, folk influenced, sound. There is a constant use of acoustic guitars mixed with piano, slide guitar, soothing drums, crisp clear soft picked electric guitar and even french horn. Still, there is a wide range of sound from the soothing picked guitar of Tin Man's Throne to the upbeat American Low and even an instrumental in the mix. Each song on this album is incredibly original while still dealing Northstar's signature slurred vocals and transcendent writing ability. Pre-Sound of Salvation Cassino fans will find relief in more polished tracks than the previously released demos such as New Jerusalem and The Gin War.

There are some lyrical surprises on "Sound of Salvation." For example, the contagious yet opaque descant of Boomerang I'm breaking up, for the gravity's won. Before it snaps where the warm blood runs cause it will flood our bodies soon, flood this hotel room. Or the nostalgic mundane presence of Governor The last can only stretch so long. So we wait until it's overhead. Until the sky falls and then sun takes us all. Fans of Northstar the literature of Sound of Salvation is a step ahead of Pollyanna. For followers of the indie/emo genre Cassino provides a benign alternative to relationship based, repetitive, and ironically emotionless lyrics.

Every fan of Northstar knowing that Nick and Tyler were forming Cassino waited for their debut album. The mere presence of Sound Of Salvation to Northstar fans has laced the album with it's epic nature. Though Sound of Salvation will be a hit for most Northstar fans, less open minded individuals expecting the harder alternative/emo sound could potentially be disappointed. For most though, this album is sure to send you on an emotional roller coaster.

thenirve
    Love this ****ing album! I wish it were out there still, it's nearly impossible to find.